Monday, January 01, 2007

Year in Review

Year in Review

What a Year 2006 was, it was jammed packed full of emotion, happiness, laughter, success and a little bit of sadness.

Can’t believe we are now in 2007, but I can’t wait to see what this year holds in its hands for me.

Last year was a wild rollercoaster for me and my scrapbooking. I have only been scrapping for a few years and still consider my work to be pretty pants, but a few people disagreed with me.

So to help encourage my confidence, I've used my blog as a toot toot for myself, now I know some of you will think this is so wrong, but you know what, this is my blog and I'll put what I want in, its me who will read this in a few months time and I'll probably need reminded of how much I achieved. so skip over the next few paragraphs if you don't want bored :)

The year started out with me going to Bonanza as a delegate, however I was asked to make a few things for the Blonde Moments / Art from the Heart stand and low and behold I’m now on there Design Team. Whilst at the show I met two of my scrapbooking hero’s Kirsty Wiseman and Anna Bowkis, wow, they both blow me away with there super talent and coolness.

Next I was invited onto the Design Team for Kraft Stop, yahoo, could not believe it, little old me had made another Design team, and not by default, (kinda felt that Dyan felt sorry for me, hence the DT job with BM, hee hee). Nope, I had entered like everyone else by submitting work and I was successful.

Next saw me win a competition that Kirsty had posted on UKS for a funny face layout, well those of you that know me well, know that all I do is pull funny faces, so it was a certainty that I was gonna enter, but Win, I nearly peed myself with laughter, as my entry was so horrific I could not believe it.

Then yet another DT place came my way in the form of Little Silver Hats and there gorgeous ribbons, yahoo, I now get ribbons for Free to play with, nah nah nah nah.

Then Angela and I set up Luxurious Angels and we hosted our first retreat which btw was a roaring success, and low and behold who do I get to teach next too, but my two most favourite scrappers, Kirsty Wiseman and Anna Bowkis, pinch me quick, I’ve died and gone to heaven. Not really sure I was good enough to stand next to these Super Uber ladies, but hey I own half the company so I don’t give two hoots, ha ha.

Me and Kirsty set up the BOM prompts on UKS and they are been received really well, tons of ladies are now off making Books all about themselves, and why bloody not I say, if you don’t scrap yourself, who the hell will. We need to leave a remind of who we where as well you know.

I also managed to get some of my work published in various magazines, e.g. Creative Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Inspirations and Simply Stamping.

And to top the year off, I launched my own company ‘LIPPY CHICK’, selling to retailers directly my little mini scrapbooks, I managed to launch two in the first 3 months and have massive plans for Lippy Chick for 2007, so keep your fingers crossed for me please.


All in all it’s been a brilliant year for me scrapbooking wise, but you know what, I still think I’m pants at this.

On a personal level, the year could have been a little bit better.

I have a job that whilst sometimes boring and medial, is actually a great job hours wise, as it gives me the freedom I need, to be home for Ben when he needs me and to do my crafting as and when I want, but its not really satisfying, but at the moment I’m content there, so there I’ll stay.

The house has suffered a major blow with a leaking roof that has caused complete devastation in the house and needs some major work to fix the damage it has caused, which will mean some major upheaval in the coming months.

Health wise, has been terrible, with my heart problems, I felt like a pin cushion for a while there, but touch wood, I’ve had no problems since October and I’m hoping with the lifestyle and diet changes I’ve made it stays that way.

Our family has spread further a field over the last year, with the move of our God-children to Canada, this was such a huge blow to us, they have always lived quite a distance from us, usually Germany or England, (there Dad is in the forces) but moving to Canada makes it that much harder for us to see them if we want to, it was easy enough to nip over to Europe or down to England to visit them, but Canada, now that’s some way to go for a quick visit. On the up side, my God-daughter has found MSN and we chat almost every day via this.

A big loss for me this year was a friendship which I cherished, unfortunately, something silly happened, and we let it all end up getting out of proportion and it blew up with a huge falling out, something I did not want to happen, but in the end I had no idea how to stop it. I still care very deeply for the friend and for their well being and manage to keep upto date with there going’s on and everything by reading her blog every now and again, so still feel like I’m part of her life, even it’s only from the outside looking in.

Ben started High School, wow, I can’t believe he is 12 already, I have no idea where the years have gone, he is so grown up now, and Tall, he is as tall as me, and even if I do say so myself he is one amazingly handsome boy, with a massive heart. He hates School, but I remember hating it myself so no surprises there. He has tons of friends, but not many hobbies, so we are hoping that the new year will bring more hobbies for him.

Gerry started a new job and seems to have settled right into it, his health is great, except for the odd creaky bone (hee hee).

Well, that’s my year in review, its really nice to list everything like this, I’ve probably forgotten to mention loads of things, but that’s ok, I’ll be happy in a few months time to go back into my blog and read this, and you never know I might even scrap it. Now there’s a thought, lets scrap out blogs, oh, I’m off to plan a layout.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2006, but here’s to an even better 2007.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Happy new year, here's to another fab retreat!!

Linda said...

Happy New Year hun, hope you continue to build on your successes, you deserve all of them.

Anonymous said...

A great review and a well deserved TOOT TOOT ma'dear! Yes your work is sooo pants *yawn* mwhahahah!
Well done on all your success and much luck in all your ventures, scrapping and Non in 2007.
A very very Happy New Year to you, Gerry and Ben xxx

joanna said...

Happy New Year, lovely Roz - I was SO pleased to meet you this year Roz, not once, but TWICE!!! Shall we go for three times in 2007??!! You have done tons in 2006 - I think your work is absolutely fabulous, it certainly 'spoke' to me when we were at Bonanza. Big yerself up, girl!! :D xxx

Heather the Blether said...

Wishing you and yours happiness in 2007
x

Nat said...

Wow what great year for you Roz! You must be so proud! And if you can't give yourself a toot on your won blog - heck, where can you?!!
Looking forward to getting to know you better in 2007 through the Kraft Stop DT :)
Hugs, Nat xxx

Di said...

Just dropped in through Heathers blog, hope you don't mind.

Fab year and you deserve it, you should be proud of yourself.

Couldn't help but comment on your fall out with your friend. I really hope you can find a way to work it out with them - life is too short eh!

All the best for 2007.