Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Urban Couture

At last I have finally opened my Basic Grey Urban Couture. I've had two packs of this since March 2006 and have not had the courage to use it. Well, I've now opened it and finally used it, yahoo for me. Silly thing to celebrate, but honestly I really felt I would never use it, as much as I adore the patterns, and believe I do adore them, I've actually framed 6 of them to hang in our bedroom once its been redecorated, I've always felt the patterns where just to busy and felt guilty for covering it with pictures. I've had a great time this evening, I've cut it up, I've scratched it, I've inked it, I've throughly enjoyed myself. Only thing is I can't share with you what I made as its for a DT project. Bah Humbug.

Should be able to share with you in early feb though so watch this space.

I'm now half way through my working week, yahoo. I only work 4 days a week, which is great, as gives me Friday to myself to catch up with family, friends, projects, housework, anything I want. I've got plans to work on Lippy Chick projects on Friday, I'm currently working on the next book in the collection and need to make up some samples of them completed to give me a better idea of which one I'm going to go with. I'm so excited about Lippy Chick, it had a massive 3 page feature on them this month in one of the scrapbook mags, they gave the books to 4 of their designers and asked them all to go and do something with them. Each one was stunning, and the feature as a whole was great exposure for me and my little company. I just received a massive order which I was not expecting and I'm so excited as it makes the books so accessable to an even bigger market place. Yahooooooooooooooo

Anyway, thats my news for today, what have you been upto? Come on leave me a comment, and I'll pop by and visit your blog as well, I know lots of you are visiting and I'd love to learn all about you as well. So leave a comment, please.

Joke of the Day:

A rich millionaire throws a massive party for his 50th birthday. During this party, he grabs the microphone and announces to his guests that down in the garden of his mansion he has a swimming pool with two great white sharks in it."I will give anything of mine to the man who swims across that pool."So the party continues with no events in the pool until SUDDENLY, there is a great splash and all the guests of the party run to the pool to see what has happened.In the pool a man is swimming as hard as he can and fins come out of the water and jaws are snapping and this guy just keeps on going. The sharks are gaining on him and this guy reaches the end and gets out of the pool, tired and soaked. The millionaire grabs the microphone and says, "I am a man of my word. Anything of mine I will give: my Ferraris, my house, absolutely anything, for you are the bravest man I have ever seen. So sir what will it be?" The guy grabs the microphone and says, "Why don't we start with the name of the jerk who pushed me in!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urban Couture deserves to be used LOL! Good on ya ;) Great news about the feature and orders for Lippy Chick Yeaahhhhaaaaa xxx

Nat said...

Hi Roz - hope you're feeling better - mwah!

Congrats on breaking into the BG UC - I used to be the same with my pp's but now I chant over and over to myself that it looks better on my pages than in a drawer where no one will ever see it!!

Great news about the Lippychick exposure too - well done :) xxx

Carole Bryson said...

Fantastic news about Lippy Chick - you sooooooooooo deserve it hun !!

Know what you mean about breaking into the BG tho ... I had my mini-strokes after Lianne made me use my Sublime during one of the CC's last year !!!!

Pleased to hear you're sounding more like your 'old' (for want of a better word) self !

Big hugs xxxxxxxxxx

Trish said...

Roz, you are very brave using your Urban Couture! I still have about 6 sheets that I can't bring myself to use.....I just stroke it every now and then!
Trish xx

Linda said...

This is the reason why I never bought it - I knew I could never bring myself to use it! Brilliant news about the Lippy Chick books, looking forward to the new one, take care x x x