Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stash !!!!!

Last night I had a converstation with Gerry about converting the Garage into a workroom for myself and my stash, He looked at me with big wide eyes and a mouth to match it, honestly his chin was on the floor, he said stash. Stash makes it sound like you have a small amount, i.e. a stash of chocolate kept in my bedside drawer, sweeties in the car glove box, etc, Not a bloody room filled to the brim with paper, blossoms, glue, embellishements and every other craft related product to have crossed my path.

He thinks it should be called a warehouse. Hee hee, he is actually so right.

Anyway, we where discussing converting the garage. We have a large garage, with plenty of room, it even has a little side room off it, which could be dedicated to Lippy Chick and all the stock etc, that that requires.

But we are in a quandry, We would love to sell our house, but have had a slight disaster recently, leaking roof, damp, etc. The builders start work in 2 weeks to repair this, it will take them approx 2 - 3 weeks to do all the work and then the decorator has to come in and he will take another 2 weeks to do all his bits, then we need to recarpet, and add all the finishing touches. So you kinda hope that by the time its all done, the house will be stunning and we would be daft to leave it. Now our quandry, I have really outgrown the space I have, and believe me I'm amazed by this, as my space is actually quite big. But trying to share it with a Washing machine and Lippy Chick is just not working. So the question we keep asking ourselves is, should we slog our guts out for the next 6 weeks doing the house up to sell and move to somewhere that has room to accomodate me, or do we stay put convert the garage and enjoy the house?

Have any of you converted your garage, is it hard to do? Could I do it myself? will it cost me a fortune? So many questions, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Today, Angela and I went to a class at Inkspot, and I made a lovely necklace and Angela made a adorable bracelet. I spent a small fortune on equipment and beads and have to now find some time to make some pieces up. I've already made a start on my Christmas Cards for this year and the necklaces, etc are going to be presents for my family and friends. Quite excited actually, and I'm sure my family and friends will be relieved to receive something off me that is not scrapbooking related.

Have been wallpaper shopping with Gerry today, well not shopping, but browsing, we have found the most stunning paper for the hall stairs and landing, its like rumpled satin, and its so unusual and effective, but most importantly its hardwearing, which in our house is a blessing.

Anyway, I'm off back to my scrap room, to dream of bigger spaces and finish off a class design I'm working on for the Luxurious Angels Retreat.

Take care, and big kissy wissy's to you all .xxxx

Joke of the Day: A blonde quickly went out to her mail box, looked in it, closed the door of the box, and went back in the house. A few minutes later she repeated this process by checking her mail again.She did this five more times, and her neighbour that was watching her commented: "You must be expecting a very important letter today the way you keep looking into that mail box."The blonde answered, "No, I am working on my computer, and it keeps telling me that I have mail."

6 comments:

Angela said...

really enjoyed the class, we will rival Tiffany's yet, LOL!

Dawn said...

HI Roz
My husband is a joiner, you would be best to plasterboard the walls,if your garage walls are brick.Would would be warmer for you as well, would also keep your scrapbook supplies in better condition.
I know a few people who have converted their garages into Billiard games rooms, changed their garage door into a bay window etc. Anything is possible.

Kelly said...

love to see a piccie if your room now lol but seriously i say if you love your house and can live with your stash being moved to garage then stay where you are :)

Carole Bryson said...

Can't wait to see your creations Roz !!!

My mate converted her garage and it is fantastic, you wouldn't even know it had been a garage !

PML @ joke ... sounds like something my mother would do !

Be good xxxxx

Di said...

If you love your house, then convert the garage. I have seen some converstions that look fabulous, as if they were never garages at all.

Anonymous said...

Love the garage conversion idea! I will help paint if I get my own craft space when I visit LOLOLOL!