Saturday, January 20, 2007

Crop Day, Wahhayyyyyyy

Have spent the day at Angel Crafts Crop and had a great time. For those of you who know me, you will know how competitive I am, well Angela had a challenge for everyone today, a little bit strange but a challenge and I rose to it.

Firstly she gave everyone a bag, the contents of which where different from everyone else's. The bag contained 3 things, ranging from a piece of 3 x 12 cardstock / pattern paper/ brads/ eyelet/ fibre/ ribbon/blossoms, etc.

You had to have a look at the contents, write down what colour you felt went with the collection, add something from your own stash to it, and then pass it to the left. Then with the bag you ended up with, you where allowed to add 3 things to it, you could use ink without a penalty, but brads / sizzix etc all counted, however if you did use brads, you could use as many as you wanted in that colour.

I added 2 pieces of Black Bazzil, and one sheet of white and 3 pink brads, so in theory, 6 things but only counted as 3. Do you get this so far??????

then you had 1 hour to create something with it. Well my neighbour had passed me a pack which contained 6x12 piece of pink doodlebug paper, some blossoms, bit of floss and large brad. Ummmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhh what to make with it, ummmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh, how long do we have left, WHAT, 20 mins have gone already, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Pants, panic, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I worked my little socks off, probably the hardest I worked all day. But I did it, I made something and completed it in time. I ended up making a little book, it was actually really lovely when it was finished, but if you had asked me to do the same thing at home, it would have taken me days.

Everybodies items where put on the table for the judging to commence, and yes you guessed it, I won, YAHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO. Honestly, I'm terrible, do I accept it gracefully and in a nice coy manner, no I bloody well don't, I hoot, I danced, I laughed, and I enjoyed the moment of truimph.

Then she had a draw for everybody who was at the crop, and Yes you guessed it, I won, and again did I behave in a appropriate manner befitting a lady, you bet your arse I did'nt, I again did a victory dance, yahooooooooooooo.

Anyway, that is probably all I achieved at the crop, spent far to much time, procrastinating about what I should do and actually got bugger all done in the end.

Heather came home with me, we where meant to brain storming, but we ended up playing, she managed to finish off some of Shimelles class that she has been doing, and I managed two layouts, ok, both where 1/2 started, but I finished them. OK, I fib, I finished one, the other one just needs to be stuck down and that will be finished.

We had a lovely Chinese, however me lips and tongue are still sizzling from the spicy beef, ahhhhhh, so flipping hot, I ended up throwing it away, as could not taste anything, and was in desperate need of a fan to cool my tongue down with.

Heather has just left, so I thought I would do my blog and then I'm off to stick this layout down.

I'll catch you all tomorrow, hope you have all had as good a day as me.

DAMN............ I forgot to buy a lottery ticket, you know 3 times lucky and all, oh well never mind, I'll just have to win at the next crop, hee hee.

Joke of the day: The strong young man at the construction site was bragging that he could out do anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workmen. After several minutes, the older worker had had enough. "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is," he said. "I will bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that outbuilding that you won't be able to wheel back." "You're on, old man," the braggart replied. "Let's see what you got." The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to the young man, he said, "All right. Get in."

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a fantastic challenge, sounds like you all had great fun. Bl**dy weather!

Di said...

Oooh Chinese...yum yum..my favourite.

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ Ms Shy, retiring, non competetive Roz!!

Hope your mouth has recovered from that spice, its was hot hot hot and I will never forgive Gerry for conning Ben into tasting it *pokes out tongue at Gerry*

Had a fab time, thanks for the great food, company and your ears! and I got my photo book finished off today YeahAh!