Thursday, January 18, 2007

Camera Club

Tonight I took the plunge and joined a camera club quite close to my home. I never knew it was there till I went surfing the net, its amazing what you can find when you take the time to look, something I very rarely have the time to do.

Anyway, off I popped along to the club, and had a really good time, I took my camera along with me, but I need not have bothered, instead we where treated to a talk about Photo Labs, wow, you would be amazed what these places can do, I was blown away to discover that they can do pretty much everything, the only thing is the majority of them choice not to, i.e. the big companies, just can't be bothered.

Next time I want some pics developed, instead of uploading them to the usual websites where you get your prints for 5p, etc, I'm actually gonna go to a Mini Photo Lab and get them to do them for me instead. They have the ability to view the pics on screen before they develop them, they can correct colour problems, print any size I want, without me having to preset the size, they can change colours, add colours, fix mistakes, scratches, basically everything.

I really enjoyed myself, met some lovely people who have so much knowledge in photography and who are so willing to share this knowledge with me that I was truly overwhelmed by their generosity and wisdom.

I will be going back now for certain. I have tried camera clubs before in the past, but have never felt so relaxed and welcome as I did tonight, so at last, I've found the square hole for this peg to fit into.

OK, thats my news, what news do you have from today?

Joke of the day is back: A woman was sitting at a bar enjoying an after-work cocktail with her girlfriends when an exceptionally tall, handsome, extremely sexy young man entered. He was so striking that the woman could not take her eyes away from him. The young man noticed her overly attentive stare & walked directly toward her. Before she could offer her apologies for being so rude for staring, the young man said to her, 'I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for £100, on one condition.' Flabbergasted, the woman asked what the condition was. The young man replied, 'You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words.' The woman considered his proposition for a moment, withdrew from her purse and slowly counted out five £20 bills, which she pressed into the young man's hand along with her address. She looked deeply into his eyes & slowly, meaningfully said, "Clean my house."

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wish I'd read this earlier! (see blog, lol) Great news about the camera club, glad you liked it. x x

Angela said...

Great joke, glad you enjoyed camera club, see you tomorrow xx

Anonymous said...

So happy your Jokes are back....they really crack me up!!!
XO

Di said...

These camera clubs sound great. Must see if I can muster to courage to go to one when I get my new camera. LOL - great joke!