Sunday, July 16, 2006

Damn Midges

Today, me and Ben went golf ball hunting, a lovely walk around the outside edge of the driving range, this is something we use to do alot, but as he has grown, he has wanted to spend more time with his friends like any typical teenager. Today he did not have a choice as was grounded, any excuse to get out of the house and garden was a good one.

We where both attacked by the dreaded scottish midgy, I swear to god these things had sticks and beat us both with them. We are now both covered in nasty little lumps everywhere and itching like made, can't find the calamine lotion anywhere, either.

On the up side, we got a bag full of golf balls for Trevor to have a field day with, daft dog, adores golf balls, he will carry it around all day in his little mouth, but he does not destroy them, thank goodness.
We use to hand the balls back into the golf shop at the end of the course, but have decided no more, Ben use to take in a bag full to the top and would get a sweety and drink as a thanks, but now the big meanies just take the bag off him and say thanks and thats it, so we are not giving them their balls back any longer, we don't care if its considered stealing, if they wanted their balls so badly they would have gone and got them themselves. So if anybody wants any golf balls, give me a shout, I can do a fantastic deal on them, swap ya for a sweety and drink.

Pic is of Trevor and Ben in the backgarden when we got home with our spoils of the day.

Gerry asked me to cut his hair today with the clippers, so stood outside and away I went, clip clip clip, then this little evil voice inside my head said, leave a bit and run away, so I did, I left him with a TinTin curl and then hide the clippers, I refused to cut it off till after he had been out to play his usual Sunday game of 5 a sides, hee hee, how evil am I. Everyone called him Tin Tin. I did cut it off when he got home, but actually think he was starting to like it, I kept on catching him, stroking and it and forming it into a curl, strange bloke.

Have been busy on a layout today, for a challenge that Angela from Angel Crafts has set, for all the teachers of the Luxurious Angels Retreat. Luxurious Angels have the most adorable image that they are using in all the marketing material and that was what we had to scrap. I saw Maggies Layout yesterday, and I have to say it was fantastic with a great funny little twist to it, that made me laugh, hopefully Angela will be posting these on her blog and website after tomorrow, which is the official date for tickets for the Retreat go on sale, and the annoucement of the fourth teacher, which is a huge coup for Luxurious Angels, she is a superstar and a fantastic scrapper, who I admire greatly.

OK, I'm off to have a quick tidy and then a very very early night.

Take care of youselves.

Mwahahahahah

(OK, I've tried about 5 times to add a pic of Gerry with his TinTin hair do and blogger is not letting me, I'll come back and try again later)
((ok I give in, I have tried yet again to get pic of gerry up but to no avail, so I'll post it on tomorrows blog if I can))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blogger is a pain in the A** sometimes where uploading photo's are concerned! grrrr

Anyway, I just wanted to add that I HATE MIDGES too.

Not nearly enough golf balls in that picture :snort: I am sure you could have gotten a few more!

You are evil you are, imagined letting that poor soul go out to the footie like Tin Tin LOL!

Anonymous said...

you should set up a stall outside the golf range and sell the balls to the golfers.

It can't be considered stealing as they have abandoned the balls. It is mean that they don't give anything in return anymore. Maybe you need to find a small cute child to take them in.

I hate midges too. Toothpaste is good for the itching, rub a spot on the spot.

Olwen