Monday, June 11, 2007

What a Weekend

I just love it when a plan comes together. Right at the last minute my plans for the weekend changed. And what great changes they ended up been.

I had planned to stay home and garden, but instead we jumped into the car and hit the road to Wigan. We arrived at Kirsty's house at about 11.30am on Saturday morning and a great weekend was kicked off in full force. Out came the stash, the videos, playstation games and barrels full of fun.

Ben and Ellie hit it off straight away, they share common interests and are only separated by about 18months in age, however its about 3 feet in heights. I have met Ellie loads of times and have never really thought about her size, but seeing her next to Ben, really brought it home to me, how tiny she is, Ben towered over her, but this made no difference to the fun they had. They challenged each other to games on the playstation, they vegged out in front of the telly and satisfied their cravings for cartoons, they munched and munched and munched through treats and snacks and juice (bleughhhhhhhhhh You know what I mean Ms Wiseman). They kept themselves really busy which left me and Kirsty free to play with our stash, and play we did, Kirsty did 4 layouts and a stunning mini book, and I did a CJ that I'm about to join.

I made my CJ oversized, because I like a bigger area to work on sometimes, so out of the window goes the usual 6 x 6 and in comes the 9.5 x 9.5, the girls will get a shock when they see this baby. And to make it even more fun, I have based my theme on confessions, then I'll have something to bribe each one of them with, hee hee. Here is the book and my layout, but I'm not going to explain what mine is about, cause its really bad.

This is the cover, I used the BG xmas paper from last year, but honestly its not christmasy at all, I've had this pack for ages, and refused to use it because its far to nice, well NO more will I have such riduculus behaviour, and all my fav stash is now on a mission to be used.

This is my first page of my DLO in the CJ, I made the whole thing by paper piecing, first time I've ever done this, and it did take hours and hours but I do think it was worth it. I do have to thank Kirsty for letting me raid her scrap box, as I ended up with the most adorable dress for myself and she took the pic of me as well.

And this is my journalling page, you lift up the Crash Bang Wallop page to reveal the journalling, which I'm not going to share with you, haa haa.

That was pretty much all I managed over the scrapping extravagance, and it was an extravangancer, as we where up till 4am playing.

We left Kirsty's on Sunday and went over to see Lisa Tarbuck (not the real one but a lookalike - Jane), and we met her wonderful new family, which was a treat in itself. Ben also got to meet Rennie a coach for Man U, and he was over the moon at this, he can't quite believe that his mummy know him, and was so impressed to see such a warm welcome for us. The boys all played football for a bit whilst the adults ate, drank and gossiped. Then it was the road home for us two.

We got in quite late and then had to do the pet run, then it was an early bed for us both to catch up with our much missed sleep.

We had a great time, and its something we will be doing more often, I just love it when a plan comes together at such short notice.

So that was our weekend, now we have this week to face, and the dreaded Gardening is still there waiting for me, can't believe the garden fairies never came in, typical.

Here is your joke of the day for all you girls that require your daily fix.
Q: How do you make a bandstand?
A: Pull their chairs away!

Short and sweety, but funny as hell.

Take care of yourselves. Mwah to you all.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I so cant wait to get this CJ IRL!!!

Fantastic work! Am very jealous, i wish i could scrap like this! xxx

Tracie H said...

Fab CJ Roz....glad you had a fun weekend.:)
T.x.

Anonymous said...

gosh i love your jokes!!!
i've been missing them
love that "poppet' type layout!! how fun!!!
xo

domestic goddess said...

love your CJ entry great poppet

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A FAB TIME. yOU WILL HAVE TO SPILL THE BEANS OR ELSE WE WILL PROBABLY IMAGINE FAR WORSE THAN WHAT IT REALLY IS.OR DO WE HAVE TO GUESS???
JULIE X

Unknown said...

Love the cj and the dress with your piccy, don't know what you call it is devine. Such lovely work, you are very talented.

Linda said...

Loving that cj Roz, glad you and Ben had a great weekend, one of many to come I hope. Take care x x x

Sara-Jane said...

glad to see u had a brill weekend Roz sounds like so much fun

Love ur Cj pages!!!

Samm said...

This is fab!!!

Samm
x

mum-on-the-run said...

Great theme for a CJ, I may have to remember that one for future reference!!

The mind boggles as to what your confession could be...

Kirsty Wiseman said...

i had the best time and guess what.........?
we do it all again this weekend!!
Too cool!!