Thursday, June 21, 2007

productive day

Yesterday I was quite productive which is something rare for me these days. I sat and did all the DT work for Little Silver Hat, can't share though just yet. But guess what I can share what I did for Angela over at Angel Crafts with you now. I had the 3 bugs in a rug papers to work with, and also had to design a class for the crop, so worked with a Lippy Chick Flap book and turned it into a present for Bens Dad for Fathers Day, lucky so and so that he is.


This is the cover, I stitched the paper directly through the plastic, I so love the plastic wallets, cause you can do so much with them.

this is the front cover of the book

First page
Second page, using chipboard accents as page turners, I love doing this to the pages.


Third Page


Fourth Page

and finally back cover

quote on front and back was inspired by a sticker in the set which is used on the last page.

then I made a layout using more of the paper.

Layout is of my friend and Bens Godmother - Janet, she came up for my birthday weekend and I took this pic of her in the garden. I'm not over the moon about this layout, think maybe the frame around pic is to big, either that or its missing something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

And Finally I made some cards out of the scraps that where left over, I actually managed to make about 8 cards out of the scraps and still have some left, but I ran out of steam in the end. hee hee
























And the final thing to share with you is the card we made for Gerry for Fathers Day, the Design Collective did a challenge recently to scrap on a 6 x 12 format, I have to admit I don't like that format, but it turned out ok for a large scrapbooking / card for GerryAnd thats all I have to share with you right now. so I'm off to do something else productive like bringing the washing in from the line and getting more out whilst its dry.


Joke of the day:
Four people are in an airplane, the pilot, the smartest man in the world, the richest man in the world, and a punk teenager. The airplane experiences some difficulties, and the pilot informs the three passengers that the plane is going to crash, and there are only three parachutes on the plane. The richest man in the world takes one, because he says that his lawyers will sue everyone else on the plane if he doesn't survive. The smartest man in the world takes a parachute, because he thinks that the world would be a worse place without him. The pilot says to the punk "There's only one parachute left, I'll fight you for it." "That won't be necessary," said the punk, "The smartest man in the world took my backpack."

6 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to see you got your mojo back, loving your stuff.

Sara-Jane said...

great book and cards Roz!!

well done u!!! xx

Maggie said...

Wow Roz that is all I can say - your Flip book is simply stunning and I love the LO and all the cards too - definitely a productive day!!!

Leigh said...

Stunning book and cards, those papers are gorgeous.

Jen said...

Hellooooo!! So much fun to meet you at last :) Hope you got home ok.

Unknown said...

great work as usual, and keep the jokes coming too.