Monday, June 04, 2007

I've just received this lovely picture in an email from a friend, and wanted to share it with you.

What's so poignant about this picture? Well, it shows a line of little girls holding hands facing the immensity of ocean waves.
Alone they might be washed away, but together they stand strong.
Thank you each for holding my hand somewhere along the way when I was facing a wave of my own.

I hope you will reach for my hand when your own wave threatens.


All of us girls..
Old and young...
Near and far...
Hold special memories of good times we've shared.
We've had our share of hard times when our friends were there to make us feel better.
We've shared...
our hearts
our time
our secrets
our fears
our hopes
and our dreams.
Let us never break the chain of friends!

And now your joke of the day:
A woman is walking on the road and a voice shouts out, "Don't take a step further." She obeys and suddenly a ton of bricks fall on the place where she would have otherwise been. She thinks she imagined it and keeps walking until suddenly the voice calls out again. "Don't take a step further." She stops and a car skids past. Then suddenly she hears the voice saying "I am your guardian angel, and I will warn you before something bad happens to you. Now do you have any questions to ask me?" Yes! Shouts the woman, "Just where were you on my wedding day!"

6 comments:

Jaime120899 said...

You are very welcome Roz.
Incidentally - did I write that joke?

Sue Jones said...

LOL ..Love the joke,
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
I love being a woman , its just so easy to understand and empathise and care xxx

Anonymous said...

hi roz :0) beautiful blog. love the digi dandelion pic.... i have a soft spot for dandelions


joy

joanna said...

What a gorgeous pic, Roz - beautiful. Really looking forward to seeing you soon, hun :) xx

Linda said...

Love that pic - and glad to know you have support when it's needed. Take care x x x

Suzanne said...

Very poignant photo and poem Roz.

And pmsl at the joke :D