Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tears before bedtime

Oh yes, thats what we have had in this house tonight, both me and Ben have been in floods of tears. We watched 'Bridge to Terabithia'. OMG, how sad is that movie, I don't want to spoil it for anybody out there, but please get the tissues at the ready.

Other news from my house. Was just about to run out of the door today, when my friend turned up asking if I was busy, well you know whats its like, you say no because you don't want to offend them, they made the trip, blah blah, so I got roped into helping her dye her hair, well two can play at that game, I had been planning on doing mine as well, so my house became a hair salon for 2 hours, whilst we did each others hair, and we are quite pleased with the results. Now form an orderly queue to get your hair done by me. Mwahahahahhaha.

When I did manage to get out, I went to the knitting shop, to discover, its shut on a Tuesday, whats that all about, ahhhhhhhhhhh, now I'll have to go again tomorrow.

Back home to do some washing and housework and pc work. Then ben got in from school and we played in the garden and then jumped in the car and headed off out for a photo shoot. We tried to find the Dukes Monument, but for the life of me I can't remember where it is. Silly thing is I've been there loads of times. Anyway, we went to the Dukes Bridge and to Cadzow Castle in the end and also to Chatelherault, Got some great pics, now just have to do some editing on them. I have done this one already though.
Pic took some doing, had to lie on my back on hard pebbles to get this shot, in the park are these wooden scultures of acorns on long sticks, they go up in size in a circle, and I loved how the sky looked from here.
tomorrow I have a friend coming over to scrap, which is a good thing, as I might actually get some done now. I have some projects planned, but no inspiration to actually sit on my bottom and do them.
Oh nearly forgot, here is the receipe for Curried Almond Soup.
Chop one onion and gently fry, add 1.5 pints of chicken stock and blitz with blender, add 1 - 2 teaspoons of curry powder (depends on how hot you like it) and add a bag of ground almonds, stir and re-heat, viola, done. Easy peesy.
Here is your joke of the day:
This guy was pulled over for running a stop sign. When the cop checked the man's driver's license, he said, "You're wearing glasses on your ID and you're not now. I'm going to have to give you a ticket."The guy said, "Officer, I have contacts."The cop said, "Look, buddy, I don't care who you know, ... I'm giving you a ticket."
Take care of yourselves, kissy wissy's to you all.
xxx

2 comments:

Sara-Jane said...

great pic i love shots like this!!

what colour is ur hair now?

have agreat evening

sj xx

Angela said...

That film is so sad, Lauren and I cried too