Thursday, June 07, 2007

Things are looking up

..................... AT LAST.

A few of you out there in Blogging land, know what a horrible time I've been having of late, and it got worse last week when it was announced that I was getting made redundant. I honestly felt as if that was the icing on the cake for me, especially after everything else I've gone through recently.

But I've tried very very very hard not to let this get me down too much, and have buried my head completely into Lippy Chick, and its finally paying off, I have taken on new stockists and I'm so chuffed, things can only get better from here on out.

So apart from that, what else have I been upto I hear you all asking. Well, I'll tell you.

I've made curtains and blinds for virtually every window in this flippin house, and let me tell you they are some size of window. I'm now on my final pair, which are the biggest ones I've had to make so far, but oh, are they delic, they sure are. When I've finished them, I might actually take a pic and share with you all.

My decorator has been in and worked his magic, and the upstairs of my house is now complete, and completely upto show home standard, honestly I get such a buzz walking around admiring it all. I will take pics tomorrow and share with you all, might have to bribe ben though to tidy up his room abit before hand.

I've been scrapping, not much and nothing I can share as its been design team projects, but once the shop owners publish them on there sites, I'll share then with you all.

I have plans to tear into the garden this weekend, my grass is in serious need of a goat to come and crop it all, but failing the appearance of said goat a lawnmower will have to do.

I'm sure I've got more to share with you all, but at the moment I can't think, my head is on packing orders and doing invoices, so I best shake my arse and get on with the jobs.

Joke of the Day: A famous lawyer, who had been a public defender for years, dies. He finds himself standing at the back of an enormous queue outside the gates of Heaven. The queue before him is enormous. The number of people who die in a single day appalls him. He can barely see St Peter sitting up on a podium outside the gates with a large book. Every now and then St Peter glances down the queue to see how he is going. Suddenly he catches the eye of the lawyer. He looks very surprised. He jumps down from the podium and comes running along the line until slightly out of breath he arrives beside the lawyer. He embraces him. He pulls him out of the queue and motions for him to come to the front of the queue. Another person questions what is happening and another angel speaks to the person. Word is passed along the queue and the lawyer is surprised, as people start nodding and clapping. He becomes embarrassed by all the attention and asks St Peter why he is getting the special attention.
St Peter stops suddenly and looks concerned.
"You are a lawyer aren't you?'
"Yes" the lawyer replies. "Does this happen to all lawyers in heaven?"
"Oh, no, "Said St Peter. "It's just you are the first one to ever get here."

4 comments:

domestic goddess said...

i do believe in fate hun, and things ahppen for a reason, thsi redundancy happened for a GOOD reason, and email me a price list please :)

Linda said...

I am soooo pleased to hear that things are looking up for you hun, you deserve it. Look on the bright side - redundancy means you don't need to quit! Looking forward to seeing the pics of your fabby house. Take care x x x

Sara-Jane said...

keep smiling Roz! i agree with Linda at least u didnt have to quit and u still have ur lippy chick.

well done on making ur curtains uve been busy

take care sj xx

Suzanne said...

Love and admire your strength and stamina Roz. Glad that good things are starting to happen in your life.

{hugs}