Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What silly thoughts I have

Honestly, sometimes I wonder where they come from, but I have the sillyest thoughts running through my head. The other day whilst it was raining really hard and me and Janet hid out in a Services, I sat there thinking its a good job our skin is waterproof, otherwise we would all be squidgy sponges splodging all over the place. Today, I sat listening to a dog barking outside my office window and wondered if it really is possible to talk to the animals and if so could I bark back, shut the hell up, your giving me a headache.

I have spent this evening sorting through all my paperwork, I am a terrible terrible person. I hate doing paperwork, always have, even when I had my company, VAT returns where last minute panic's. Well its that time of year when my accountant is screaming at me to send him bank statements, etc, Actually he has been shouting at me for quite some time now, but today I decided I needed to do something about it. Actually the thing that prompted me, was a search for a hospital appointment card, I was sure I was due to go and see the Cardiolgoist sometime this month, but could not find the card, so a search began. My paperwork is in one of two places. Either in the wicker basket under the hall table or in my overspilling filing trays on my desk, Well I found the appointment card and guess what, my appointment was for the 14th September, so I missed it, now I have to phone the hosiptal to get another one, and no idea how long that will take, which is gonna be a major problem as I'm having problems with my breathing again, and actually think I now need the angiogram to check out my little poorly heart. Anyway, back to my point, I am so chuffed with myself, not only have I filed and sorted all my paperwork, but I have also done all the letters I needed to do, including the one to my accountant, Yahoo, well done me.

Here is a pic of me and Janet enjoying some free time over the weekend, which I have to say was so flipping fantastic, I loved every moment of it, including the lazy time I had at Janets, that girl is so good to me, and lets me chill out completely, I'm sure its the only place in the world where I do just that, and for letting me do it, I love her so much, plus she is my greatest and oldest friend in the whole wide world. Mwah mwah mwah for you Nut.

OK, Blogger hates me again, and won't let me upload pics, so I'll try again later.

Here is your joke for the evening, this one is from Jane my bestest pal here in Scotland, she is a great source of jokes.

Nursing Home

Ethel was a bit of a demon in her wheelchair, and loved to
charge around the nursing home, taking corners on one wheel and getting up to maximum speed on the long corridors. Because the poor woman was one sandwich short of a picnic the other residents tolerated her and some of them actually joined in.

One day Ethel was speeding up one corridor when a door opened and Kooky Clarence stepped out with his arm outstretched.
"STOP!," he shouted in a firm voice. "Have you got a license for that thing?"
Ethel fished around in her handbag and pulled out a Kit Kat wrapper and held it up to him.
"OK" he said, and away Ethel sped down the hall.
As she took the corner near the TV lounge on one wheel, weird Harold popped out in front of her and shouted
"STOP! Have you got proof of insurance?"
Ethel dug into her handbag, pulled out a drink coaster and held it up to him.
Harold nodded and said "On your way, Ma'am."
As Ethel neared the final corridor, Crazy Craig stepped out in front of her,
Butt- Naked, and holding his "You-Know- What" in his hand.
"Oh, good grief," yelled Ethel,
"Not that Damn Breathalyzer Test again.!!!"
Damita

It's a good one, had me laughing for ages, hope you like it too. Oh and if you visit, please leave me a comment, I know you girls keep dropping by and I would love to know who you are so I can come and read your blog if you have one and leave a comment for you.

Take care of yourselves.

Kissy wisseys to you all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were right.. I nearly wet myself!!! I love it...

Left a comment... as always too scared not too!!

Well done on the paperwork... off to shops to get some Gu!!!!mmmm

wubs ya!
H xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you sorting paperwork, had no idea you had wee ticker probs, so sorry Roz, hope you get another approintment soon!

Hugs
Wee H xx

Trish said...

Top joke! Bet I can't remember it at work tomorrow though.....

Trish xx

joanna said...

You rudie girl!! Fab joke - didn't see it coming, either (oo-err!!) Sorry you missed your appointment, Roz :( - get yourself back to the hospital if you're having trouble. {{hugs}} xx

Debbie said...

ROFL roz that joke is so funny i must tell dh!! :lol:

Unknown said...

Roz, congratulations- the little silver hat- we're teamies, well done