Sunday, October 22, 2006

Feeling Better

To all of you who have left me messages over the last few days thank you so much, its really nice to know that I have friends out there who do care about me. I'm feeling slightly better, still feel like somebody is stood on my chest, but the pain has eased alot.

I've spent all week in my bed taking it easy, did not do anything, no scrapping or anything, did manage to give myself a manicure, but it promptly peeled off the following day, typical.

Saturday, I did get up as had a long standing arrangement to go over and see Heather for a day of scrapping, and to be honest, don't think I could have taken another day of resting. Arrived at heathers at about 10.30am, and had a brilliant day, we scrapped to our hearts content, I finally finished one of the class's off for the retreat, one thats been bugging me for weeks, I've already done it three times, but was never happy with it, now I'm really pleased with the results and I hope everyone else is. I roped Heather into helping me make up some sample canvas's for a make and take that I'm organising for the retreat, all the money raised from this will go to our chosen Charity - MD. We even went out for a jolly to Craft Heaven, now this was my first time in this little shop, but oh what a joy, we spent about an hour in there, pawing the papers, drinking tea, gossiping with Carol and her mum Madge and generally set the worlds to rights between us all, then back to Heathers for a lovely curry and to watch X Factor, then off home.

All in all a flipping great day, one of the best I've had in a while.

Now I'm busy trying to get all my own personal stuff organised for the retreat, and have decided to take projects that don't require pictures, as seriously can't be bothered to match papers, etc. So I'm going to be making my christmas presents for the family, have some lovely little projects planned and nice and easy to get the kits all together.

Anyway, my healthy tea is calling me from the kitchen, not sure how much longer I can hold out with this cholestrol free diet, I'm so missing a good Fried Egg, with a runny yolk and all.

Take care my darlings,

PS, ha ha, bet you thought I had forgot joke of the day, no no, I would not do that to you, here goes.

FAIRY TALE FOR WOMEN OF THE 21st CENTURY

Once upon a time, in a land far away. A beautiful, independent, self-assured, career driven princess happened upon a frog.
As she sat, contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle, the frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.
"One kiss! from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry and setup housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, wash and iron my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful and happy doing so.
......................................
That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a plate of lightly sauteed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce, she chuckled and thought to herself:
I don't fucking think so.

(sorry about the swearing...!!)

take care of yourselves. kissy wissy's xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a fab day too and I am soo glad your feeling brighter. Take good care of yourself (((hugs)) We shall do that agin real soon!

PMSL @ Joke!

Angela said...

Glad you had a great time, wish I could have been there too