Sunday, October 29, 2006

Luxurious I am.

Well, I'm back from the retreat, and it was out of this world, we stayed up late, we ate well, we slept soundly and we scrapped to our hearts content, along with massive bouts of laughter. The girls where fantastic, it was so nice to meet everyone, its brilliant been able to put faces to names, mind you though I'm terrible at remembering names, so called them all by the wrong names all weekend.

I taught 3 classes in total, and I loved everyone of them and so did the ladies, or at least that's what they told me. We did makes and takes, party games and an Auction, I think I've finally discovered my true path in life, I loved playing the Auctioneer, had a ball with the hammer and making them all bid higher for the stash on offer.

In total we raised over £400 in cash for the Charity, which was amazing, Kirsty shed a few tears at everyones kindness and generosity, and I was overwhelmed by everyone.

The girls where very naughty though and got Angela and I a huge bunch of flowers each, but they smell so lovely and look so pretty that we could not be mad at them, to be honest I was blown away by how thoughtful they where. THANK YOU GIRLS, the flowers are now sitting on my table and every time I walk by I smell them and smile.

We got upto some naughty antics on Saturday night, when Kirsty challenged those of us still up late to make some thing to wear out of paper, she had two jaffa mini boxes and made a bra, so I made knickers out of paper, however June, went one step further and made very naughty knickers out of a Licquorice Alsorts wrapper and wore them proudly in the correct manner for all to see, OH MY GOD I was horrified but only because I was nearly peeing myself laughing and we had put my paper knickers on over the top of my trousers and I could not get them off to get to the toilet. What a scream, I'm sure that very soon we will have pics to post to show you all.

I am so dog tired that I'll leave you with some pics of the class's I did, I hope you like them.



















These are pics of the page layout I taught at the Luxurious Angels Retreat, this was the Memories class and we had so much scrummy yummy Chatterbox papers and ribbons for this class, it was a joy to teach and I love the finished result. I even had enough left over to make a mini book which is on the RHS LO in the bottom corner.

Here are some of the Canvas examples I made for the canvas Make and Take we did as part of the fundraising to help raise money for our selected Charity MD.


The girls loved this class and had a ball, we even had a prize for the best canvas






This was the feastive Feast / Lippy Chick Flip Book class that I taught, it was a brilliant class, the ladies had so much to do, as really its 10 Layout's in total, but they learnt a few new techniques, you can't really see them from the pic, but sorry its the best I can manage at the mo.
Night night, I'm off to catch up on some much needed sleep, but I promise I'll post some more pics tomorrow.
Take care Kissy Wissy's to you all. xxx

8 comments:

Angela said...

I think we should be really proud of oursleves, thank you so much xxx

Anonymous said...

Roz, sounds like you had an absolutley fabbo time, just wish I could have been there with you .

Hope you are feeling better now.

Take care

Amanda

Tracie H said...

Glad it all went well...was think of you all up there whilst I scrapped at SP.
Txx

domestic goddess said...

had a great time hun, thanks for letting me be a part of it, a huge thank you to Gerry as well
hugs
anna x

Anonymous said...

Chatted with Anna last night and she gave me all the scoop-sounds like you had a wonderful time...CONGRATS on making it into a fabulous weekend!

Linda said...

Just a note to say thanks for everything, it was a brilliant weekend. I had a ball!

joanna said...

Roz, it sounds like an absolutely fabby weekend, hun - all your hard work was totally worth it. Lovely to see your creations from the retreat - beautiful! xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased for you al, well done, not an easy task but you and Angela did yourselves PROUD