Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yahoo, I can share

Lianne over at Little silver hat has posted the layouts I made for her in her gallery, so now I can share them with you. I loved making these two layouts, they both took hours, but they are two of my faves. I love them.

The first one is a pic of me and Kirsty taken at the retreat she organised way back last summer with her and Emily Falconbridge, she also used the same pic in of the mags for a photography workshop series she has been working on, I machine stitched all the ribbons on, then ran around the outside of the layout and also down the side underneath the title.

The second layout is of my adorable son Benjamin and my two nephews Daniel and Gerard, taken a few years ago, got the boys on the see saw and snapped away. Poem was off a website and so suited the photo and hassle I had in getting a good pic of them all. The ribbons on the layout are used in reverse as the lovely brown colour went so well.


News from home: Well the roof has got the better of me, I've had to book a day off work tomorrow to stay home whilst I get a variety of roofers out to inspect it. No doubt they will all have saggy bottoms, big waists and massive quotes to match, they will all suck in the breath through the teeth when asked for a price to do the work,they will quote a price that is equivalent to that of paying off a third world country's debt and I'll be picked up off the floor and then in a tearful manner will politely tell them to bugger off.

Better news, we have half the wallpaper for the stairs and fingers crossed the other half will be here at the weekend.

Now I need to go and move my bottom as the decorator is making those coughing noises indicating he wants a drink and I'm the mug to make it for him.

Hope your all ok, take care of yourselves, kissy wissy's xxx

Joke of the Day:

A completely inebriated man was stumbling down the street with one foot on the curb and one foot in the gutter. A cop pulled up and said, "I've got to take you in, pal. You're obviously drunk."
Our wasted friend asked, "Officer, are ya absolutely sure I'm drunk?"
Yeah, buddy, I'm sure," said the copper. "Let's go."
Breathing a sigh of relief, the wino said, "Thank goodness, I thought I was a cripple."

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love those Lo's - fingers crossed for the house stuff. See you tomorrow x x

Di said...

Wow, fab LO's Roz, love all the stitching.