Friday, February 09, 2007

Chaos




Well the work has started in earnest, this is a pic of my lounge, after the workmen had left for the day on Weds. Thursday they spent in my front vestibule and today they are in my hall. Everywhere has a thick layer of dust perched nicely on it and the house has a horrible smell to it. I was hoping they would do the work they needed to do downstairs before making their way upstairs, but oh no, they have said its easier to do all the destruction in one go, so this weekend will see us packing everything in the bedrooms away, and moving the beds to lie on the walls and then the three of us all moving into one room at the back of the house downstairs.

I'm not sure I will be able to cope with it all, already my clothes are wrecked, everything is covered in dust and the air is thick. The only thing to have escaped it so far is my craft room, but seeing as my mojo ran away from home last week, I've spent no time in there at all.

I'm off work today, and am planning on having a tidy up in my craft room, going with the saying, tidy house, tidy mind, in the hope that my mojo is just hiding out in there.

What have you all got planned for the weekend???

Anyway, have to go, workmen shouting for more tea.

Joke of the day:
Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop."
Customer: "Ok."
Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?"Customer: "No."
Tech Support: "Ok. Right click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?"
Customer: "No."
Tech Support: "Ok, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?"
Customer: "Sure, you told me to write 'click' and I wrote click'."

4 comments:

Tracie H said...

LOL! Love the joke Roz.....sounds like something I would do!
Good luck with the renovations....it'll be worth the dust and agro in the end.

Tx

Di said...

Blimey Roz, I don't envy you! But just think how fab it's all going to be when they've finished!

Linda said...

Sending (((hugs))) your way, to take the horror of the dust and mess away and in the hope your mojo is found safe and raring to go. xxx

Unknown said...

Oh I know that smell well- I know what you are about to go through- good luck.