Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm Home

Phew, what a weekend, I've done over 600 miles and all in my DH car, hee hee, he paid the petrol as well, what a relief as I'm skint.

Arrived at Janes on Saturday afternoon, and spent a fair few hours in her fantastic scraproom, making a class kit for the upcoming Luxurious Angels Retreat, and what a class it will be, I will be letting them all loose on my latest creation for the Lippy Chick range. I love the new book, I love it, love it, love it. Then we all tottled over the road to one of Jane's neighbours house, where we spent far to much time playing shuffle board, or something like that, a fantastic nights entertainment, even if I was rubbish at it.

Did not get to bed till after 1am, which was a bit of a problem as me and Jane where up at 7am to go to Stitches. Traffic was a nightmare, and I mean a nightmare, I so hate the M6, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Finally made it in, and met up with Kirsty and we spent a few hours wandering around, uhhhhhhhh and ahhhhhhhhhhh over the new products in the market. Must admit though, not much really caught my eye, expect a few paper ranges and some fantastic thick felt, got to get my hands on some of that. I met up with a few friends and even got to see Tracie at the Scrapgenie stand where she was demonstrating. I must say, the Scrapgenie stand was by far my favourite, there was so much to look at, and the Design teams work is amazing. I even got a sneaky look at there new mag and again, wow, brilliant, can't wait for it to come out.

I never got the meeting I was so hoping for, as the person was mad mad busy, but we did exchange a few bits of info and I'm now waiting to hear with bated breath for some news, so watch this space.

After lunch with arms heavy with brochures we went back to Jane's and spent a couple of hours absorbing all the brochures, ate a fantastic dinner and then chilled out with a movie - The devil wears Prada - great girly movie.

Next day I stopped in at Kirsty's and spent the morning with Kirsty and Ellie at a doctors appointment, I have know Kirsty for a while now and have met Ellie before, but never had I fully understood the extent of Ellie's health problems, but now I do, and I'm full of admiration for Kirsty, Ellie and Mark, how they have coped with the system and the obsticles they have put down in front of them, I don't know, I know had it been me, I would have lost the plot a long time ago. Ellie is amazing, I adore that child, she is so chatty when she gets to know somebody, and she was so happy to have me hanging around. I truly felt honoured and emotional by it all.

Once we dropped Ellie back at school, we went back to Kirsty's scraproom, I was honoured to be the first real scrapper to be allowed to be set free in it, since its transformation, and wow, what a great room, Mark has done a wonderful job on it, everything is organised, so you don't have to move to reach anything, just a slight stretch and you have what you want in your hand. We played for hours and hours, I had a ball and I'm sure Kirsty enjoyed herself too.

Kirsty and Ellie took me out for my tea to make sure I was suitably fuelled up for the journey home, and we spent ages talking and laughing, A truly enjoyable Weekend.

I got home around midnight last night and collapsed into a heap on the sofa bed that is now our home for a few more days as the builders have destroyed my bedroom, all in the name of building works.

Builders should hopefully fingers crossed be finished on Friday and the decorator is then let loose for 2 weeks and then, oh gosh the list goes on, I won't bore you with it.

My joke of the day came from Kirsty, so blame her if you don't like it, me, I loved it, had me chuckling to myself for hours on the drive home.

Two guys are walking by a shop and they stop and look in the window, one guy says to his mate, "that's the one I'd get" his pal says "what" and the guy again says "that's the one I'd get" then a cyclopes comes out and batters him.

Hee hee, wait till tomorrow night for the next one.

Take care of yourselves, kissy wissy's to you all. xxxx.

PS. Everyone, please keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed on Weds between 11.30am and 12 noon as a friend of mine is waiting on the most awesome news and it will all be decided during this time. Thank you so much, positive thoughts make for a postive life and I so want this friend to have all her dreams come true. Thank you.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow what an utterly fabulous weekend - I can just imagine how tired but exhilerated you feel. Very exciting news about your new book, can't wait to see what you have come up with this time.

Sending positive thoughts for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow Roz what a hectic fab weekend you have had. So glad that the new book is looking good for you and I will be having to buy it when it comes out!

Take Care and sending my positive thoughts!

Amanda H

Celfyddydau said...

that is a funny joke but I had to read it a couple of times.

You have been busy

Kirsty Wiseman said...

that joke will be the making of me and my new career. And that will be teller of crappo jokes xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fab weekend, glad you enjoyed it. Fingers crossed for all the news your waiting for to be good news.

Unknown said...

Hi Roz,
I've got my thinking cap on- ideas swirling around- hope I can come up with something inspiring for the new book. Positive thoughts for your friend too