Monday, February 26, 2007

I am now a professional Photographer

Or at least I would be if I was not so pants at it, ha ha. I spent an amazing weekend learning at the feet of Kirsty Wiseman and Natalie O'Shea, and even though these two amazing ladies shared their vast wealth of knowledge with me, I still could not get it, but hey, what do you expect for somebody who has no understand whatsoever of F stop and Shutter speed. I will admit that a lot of information clicked into place though and I'm much more confident of taking pics now and playing around.

Here are a few pics I got at the weekend, we where trying to create depth of field, but for the life of me I could not get it with people, but give me a traffic cone and yahoo I'm on a roll for at least two pics, then nothing, blahhhhhhhhhhh. With Natalie we where doing Shutter speed and I got some brilliant pics of cars whizzing by as you can see. Tilt your head to the side, hee hee

We also had two amazing classes, one taught by Kirsty, which I loved, I'll share the pics after the weekend of the layout, as something very similiar is going to be taught at the Luxurious Angels retreat,and a stunning class by Debbie. Debbie was so nervous as this was her first time teaching, but OMG, that woman was amazing, her class was stunning and she had all the confidence of a pro whilst teaching, I was so chuffed for her and that everyone loved it.

Had the best company as well all weekend, Heather was my passenger and the radio was not turned on once, we blethered the whole way there and back, We stayed at Janes over the weekend which was great, did not arrive till late, had a big bottle of bubbly to down, to help celebrate her becoming a mummy to two lovely little girls and then off to bed for an early start. Me and Heather tried to sneak in some pics of Jodrell Bank but the weather was pants, so thats been put on hold till hopefully the next time we are in the area, and knowing us two, it won't be that long.

News on the home front is, the Decorator has started, yahoo, he has stripped my lounge today and painted the ceiling, and wow what a diffence that makes already, I have picked really lovely papers for the lounge, dining room and our bedroom and paint for everywhere else, and I can't wait till he is finished and we can start getting the house back into order. The roof is still leaking though, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. How hard is it to fix a bloody hole. ok, fair enough, they don't actually know where the hole is, but for godsakes, just bloody fix it already.

OK enough of my news, here is the joke of the day:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. As they lay down for the night, Holmes said:” Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?"

Watson said, "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes: "And what does that tell you?"

Watson: "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorogically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes: "Somebody stole our tent."

Take care of yourselves, kissy wissy's to you all. xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OK Roz, I have pondered and pondered the cyclops joke, I have told it to my workmates, and I'm embarassed to say none of us get it- now they have all demanded I ask you to explain it\...