Friday, February 16, 2007

Getting ready for the weekend

Well I'm off tomorrow to stitches and I've not packed a thing, and to be honest I really can't be bothered, but I know thats just cause I feel a bit blue today and I will probably have a great time.

The workmen are finshed for the weekend, but have advised me they won't be finished on Tuesday as they where originally meant to be, which means I now have to push my decorator back. My house is like a buiding site, the interior front door had to come down today and the wall that houses it, so our house is now really drafty and cold.

Today was my day off work, I planned a few errands, some crafting, packing and tidying up the house. The only thing I've managed to achieve off my list is the tidy up, Spent far to many hours going through the house, wiping over every surface, changing bedding and hoovering and mopping than I care to think about, and 2 minutes after I'm done, it looks as bad as when I started. I'm honestly fighting a losing battle against the dust, and I'm happy to declare the dust has won this battle.

Anyway, enough of my moans, let talk about something good.

Do you all know about the BOM Challenge's that Kirsty and me do on UKS, NO, well get your bottom over to the site now and join in. here is the link. . This months prompt is by Kirsty, you have to think of an emotion, then the colour that represents that emotion and use the colour and the word on your layout with a pic of you.

This is the layout I did for it. Now when I finished this layout I can tell you, I was really angry, cause I had spent ages doing the journalling all around the outside edge, it starts in a specific point and stupid old me, went and stuck
the blooming picture upside down, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.



So if you fancy making a book all about yourself, and lets be honest here, if you don't make it, who the hell will, get your peeps over to the thread and join in, anybody can join in at any time they like, no rules, just prompts to inspire you hopefully.

Anyway, I best go and pack and sort myself out. I'm hoping to come home with some good news, and if I get the news I'm after I'll share it with you all. please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Joke of the day: Children would all be brought up perfectly if families would just swap kids. Everyone knows what ought to be done with the neighbor’s kids.

6 comments:

Tracie H said...

Fingers are firmly crossesd for you babes. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.
Drive safe.
Tx

Carole Bryson said...

I have everything crossed for you - hubby ain't getting nothing this weekend !!!

Have a fabby time - and don't worry about the dust ... it will still be there when ya get back !

Drive carefully - xxxxxxxxxxx

Suzanne said...

Oh I hope you feel better about things tomorrow and manage to enjoy your time away from the building work.

And oops about the upside down photo - sort of thing I do far too often!

Anonymous said...

I remember the upside down moment all too well lol! Looks grand regardless ;) Have a fab weekend and Roz, dust is part of life, no matter what you do, it ALWAYS comes back.

Angela said...

Have a great time, drive safe!!

Linda said...

Hope you have a great time and you get the news you are hoping for. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Love the LO too. Take care x x x