Thursday, September 07, 2006

Next Installement

I'm just gonna pick up where I left off from my last blog entry.

On Saturday night, we had dinner with my Godchildren and their parents, they drove over to meet us and they knew how tired we where from the trip down, we asked the hotel for recommendations of places to go with kids and true to form they came out with MacDonalds, Burger King etc, till we explained we wanted a nice family restaurant, so they sent us to this little pub just down the road, Well what a horror, we ordered drinks, they all arrived in DIRTY glasses and where warm, not a good start, so we decided we could not trust there cooking and legged it. We ended up in a Pizza Express and had a great meal, so I can highly recommend the Pizza Express in Tonbridge for anybody who fancys a night out.

The Kids where on top form and we had a wonderful few hours with them, even if we did struggle to keep our eyes open.

Then it was a good nights sleep and on Sunday we went to Oxford to see my BIL & SIL and nephew and neice, we managed to spend an hour at home with them, before we all headed off to their works BBQ which we stayed at for an hour before hitting the road home to collect Ben, who had stayed at Heathers for the weekend along with the Dog. Heather made us a fantastic curry for our tea, but seeing how tired we where she put it into a box for us to take home and have later, which was brilliant of her, thank you so much Heather that was so good of you.

Once rested it was back to work, and we have not stopped all week, have spent the week running round like a headless chicken. Monday night was kids art class, where we are making a banner for display inside the community centre so we were all covered in paper mache and glue. Tuesday me and Angela where off to see the hotel about the retreat and booking for March 07, more news to follow on that one......... Weds I spent with Ann who has kindly pulled me out of the poop by offering to teach a class I'm suppose to be doing on Saturday at Inkspot. Have double booked myself as am going to Art from the Heart for the weekend to demonstrate for them. We sat for a few hours and designed the most fantastic layout, I seriously love what we made and am now gutted I won't be teaching it. Ann is scared stiff she has never taught a class before, but she is moving next year and the area she is moving too is open for a craft teacher and I truly believe she can fill that slot, we then spent a few hours making xmas cards and that brings me right upto today.

I am in a foul mood just now, we have asked Ben every night if he has homework and every night he says no, have just found out he has been telling us fibs, and has loads to do, so he is sat at the kitchen table right now and I'm throat is sore from shouting at him, honestly he was a nightmare in primary school for his homework and it appears nothing is gonna change him, don't know how to explain that he is only cheating himself, good education = good job, but he just does not get it at all, shame of it is, he is really bright, but he would rather sit infront of the tv or playstation, we have even taken these off him but that does not work, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blogger won't let me upload any more pics just now, so I'll come back later and upload pics of nephew and neice for you all to see.

Take care of yourselves, and hello Fiona, xxx

mwahahahahaha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You crammed a whole lot into that weekend didn't ya lass??

March 07 WHOOPPEEDOOOO *runs and clears calender for the whole month*

Homework solutions? I have none! Have a similar prob with a 9 year old Grrr! Blogged on this as well tonight.

You have had a busy week, remember and look after No1, if you don't no one else will MWAH XXX