Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Annie get your gun

OMG, I have had the bestestestestestest weekend ever, and I'm now armed and loaded, yahoooooooooo.

What a weekend I've had. Friday was my first official day off work, so went to the hairdressers to get my hair cut and coloured, had tried so hard to get in with my friend but she was fully booked so got a local hairdresser to do it instead, the girl did a great job on it, but I was scared to get it cut, so only had a small trim. Then I went into Glasgow to see my hairdresser friend as we where meeting for lunch, I popped into the fantastic MagicTan booth and got an all over tan and straight out of it, she plonks me down to give my

hair a wash and blow-dry. Ok my hair was a bit messed up after the tan, but a brush would have fixed that in a min, but oh no, Dawn insists on washing it, when she gets me in the hair, she then says ok, how we cutting it, after much explaining by me that its already been done, she grabs the scissors and away she goes, but I must admit, I love what she has done with it.

Then it was home to pack for the weekend as had to hurry to pick Angela and Heather up for the Robbie Concert that we where going to at Hampden. Well the show was fantastic, the people where so rude, can't believe that manners appear to have left everyone who resides in Glasgow, we had our toes trampled on, elbowed in the ribs, pushed in the back and generally trampled all over, but that could not outshine the fact that the concert was amazing, the set was out of this world, literally and the music great, even if Robbie was only a tiny blob in the distance. (and I deny all allegations that I was very very bad in pushing people back and any general naughty on goings I did) But I do have a guy for sale for the bonfire, hee hee

Gerry came in and picked up from the concert and dropped the girls off on the way home, then we hit the motorway for a drive from hell, (worse bit of the weekend) we drove all through the night and arrived in Kent at the hop farm at 9.45 am, excellent timing as had to be there for 10am. We then spent the day as action hero's or thats how I felt. Weekend was one of Gerry's work thingy may jigs for teambuilding, so everyone was split into teams, I was the only girl in our team and boy did I put the boys to shame. First up was Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting, something I have never done, have never held a gun before, and boy am I a natural, I know how big headed am I, but honestly I was brilliant at it, hit almost everyone of the clays, then it was onto pistol shooting, again a natural, even got a bulls eye, then Archery, again a natural, high scores the lot. After that, we had a reverse steer drive, well I have to admit at this I was rubbish, if you wanted to go left you had to turn the steering wheel right, and so on, well my time was 1min 54 seconds on my first attempt but this was namely down to the fact that I had to keep stopping the car, because I could not see where I was going for laughing, honestly I thought I was going to pee myself laughing. But not wanting to be beaten and DH had got a time of 27 seconds I kept on and on at it, till I got it down to 27 seconds as well. Anybody who knows me well, will tell you I'm not one for losing, don't do losing, always have to win, terrible I know, but thats me.

We had a break for lunch, which was very very nice, bbq but with a difference, veggy kebabs in honey, yum yum and danishes the size of dinner plates, fantastic I was in heaven.

After dinner we did blind driving, where somebody shouts directions whilst you have a blindfold on, the lady who was timing this though, honestly I think she must have had a drink, because if your time was over 60 seconds (which mine was not, ha ha) she said you had a score of 100 minutes, so that all went to pot and was a bit boring, but then it was vroom vroom time and off to the quad bikes, fantastic, whizzing round a course so fast it is brilliant and I want one.Our team won first place and I beat Gerry in everything expect the quad biking and he rightfully won the championship in that catergory. Brilliant day, but we where so tired.

I'll come back and fill you in on the rest of it later.

Take care of yourselves. mwahahahahaha


4 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend and wasn't Robbie fab!

Anonymous said...

sounds liek lots of fun was had, i am pretty good at archery as well, i love it

Kelly said...

ooooooohhhhhh youve been to see Robbie all ready, spill the beans, im itching for next fri to come for my turn lol lol and next time youre in kent you must pop by :D:D:D

Unknown said...

Heard all about the rude gits at Hamden. Glad you behaved like a lady in reply Mwahahahah!

Sounds like a fab weekend and enjoyed the relayed text commentry teehee!

Thanks for the chat earlier, roll on the 21st whoohooo, Robbie, move over, Will is commin!!!