Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What a weekend

Wow, what a weekend I just had, it was great. Got to spend loads of time with Gerry, something we don't get to do alot of and spent the time away from home.

We flew down to Heathrow on Saturday afternoon after dropping Ben and the dog off at Angela's. Hired a car and off we went into deepest darkest Hampshire. I managed to make my hair appointment and was not disappointed, the girl did a lovely job of making it all curly, pic below. Then off to the hotel for a quick drink, before a nice hot bath and into party gear.


I wore my beautiful Ralph Lauren dress, but OMG, was it tight, had to keep getting Gerry to nip out of the room with me, so he could undo it, so I could breathe for a moment.

Party was good fun, food was great, drinks where expensive, oh well you can't have it all. Had a very very very late night, a lovely long lie and a full tucker breakfast, then back to the airport for our flight home.

It was lovely, I really enjoyed the time away from home, I even managed to complete an album on the flight down, ok, it was a cheats album, one of the SEI Scrapbooks in a hour, Kirsty got me hooked on them, when I snuck into one of her classes at Bonanza this year. Anyway, I did the album for Anne for part of her xmas box, she is having a lovely new house built and her DH has taken pics of the footings going in, so I'll pop these into the book to start her off and she can add the rest as it goes on, then Viola she will have a lovely book to remind her of the house being built.

Busy week planned this week, spent last night over at Angela's making layouts for a project she is working on, all will be revealed soon, hee hee.
Tonight I'm planning on wrapping all the xmas pressys up, so I'll be nicely wrapped up in cellotape and gift wrap come the end of the evening.

Have a few DT projects to work on this week and must at some point start on my xmas cards and get them in the post before its too late. I still have three xmas pressy's to make as well, which will involve getting the sewing machine out, but I might save them for Friday as some of the girls are coming over and we are gonna have a craft day and our xmas lunch together, yahoo.

Anyway, presents won't wrap themselves, so I'm off, see you later.

no joke of the day today, but wanted to share this with you, this is what one of my mad friends sent me the other day.

My dear friends,

Somewhat embarrassing to admit, I'm not getting an annual bonus and Christmas is tight this year. I will be making bedroom slippers for you all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've included the instructions below:

How to make bedroom slippers out of maxi pads (knicker stickers in male language): You need four maxi pads to make a pair.

Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part.
The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top.
Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part.

Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is
most aesthetically appealing), etc. These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe
*Three convenient sizes: Regular, Light and Get out the Sand Bags.
I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the nifty slippers for yourself.... Awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each one of you.

I can't wait to receive my pair, hee hee

Kissy Wissy's to you all xxxxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely stunning Roz, glad you had a good time!

Jennixx

Beth said...

Wow Roz, look at those thlippers, woohoo, clever girl. Hope your doing okay anyway. Lotsa love Beth XX

Laura said...

You looked gorgeous hon !

I must say i have never laughed so hard at those slippers ! Sod waiing til Christmas, i'm off to make my pair NOW !! haha

hugs xxx

Carole Bryson said...

OMFG - those slippers are absolutely hysterical !! I have tears running down my face !

Anyone got any spare pads ???

Luuuuuurv the hairdo by the way - and pleased to hear you had a fabby time ! xxxxxxxx

Lisa said...

You looked lovely!! & I so want a pair of those slippers!!

LisaPink.
x

Anonymous said...

Roz, you look stunning. Glad you and Gerry had some quality time together and a good weekend.

Those slippers - PMSL!

Amanda H
xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased you both had a fab time and your hair is gorg!