Sunday, December 17, 2006

I want to be a tree

I so want to live in the forest. I've just come back from the most magical weekend away in Blanefield. 20 minutes outside of Glasgow and we where in a forest, driving up a dirt track to get to Dawns Farm, and oh my God, I loved it, real log fires, romantic four poster beds, lots of lovely bubbly, great food and brilliant company. I'm so relaxed right now, that I can't even get stressed about Ben having no uniform for tomorrow.

We spent the night talking away till the wee hours of this morning, and what a morning we woke up to, sun was shining, air was fresh, rabbits and chickens where freely roaming and all was well with the world.

We had a hearty breakfast and then off we went for a ramble. We trundled through puddles, over streams, through the woods and generally had a fun time, chasing the kids, the kids chasing the dog and the adults rambling on ten to the dozen.
Whilst on the walk, Alan showed us this massive beech tree, and three of us stood around it arms outstretched to see if three people could actually hug it, and YES we did, so chuffed with outselves, silly, but fun and that was what the whole weekend was about, silly fun.
After our walk, I jumped back into bed and had the most amazing nap I've had in ages, then it was up, quick play with the kids, whilst Alan (dawns amazing hubby) chopped logs, - - that man is mother earth in male form. He knew every bird, deer, rabbit, frog, toad, toadstools, mushrooms, trees, plants - basically everything about animals and their surrounds. I could quite literally sit and listen to him all day long, he is a wealth of information and you sit captivated to him and his voice.
Ben had a ball with Dawn's children, they had a den in one of the outbuildings with a TV and Xbox and regardless of the cold, they spent hours outside playing, even football in the dark. And oh my is it dark, its so strange to be plunged into darkness like that, no street lights, no buildings nearby, just forest and sky, amazing, the stars you see in the nights sky are so bright. I obviously kept nipping out to have a cigarette and I got all that beauty to myself.

Dawn has lent me this most amazing book, I'll share it or at least some of it with you later in the week, at the moment I want to hog it all to myself, but honestly if your anything like me, you will all love it.


Anyway, that was my weekend, how was your's what did you all get upto, I know lots of you visit my blog, so please take a moment and leave me a comment.

Take care of yourselves, kissy wissy's

Joke of the day: A teacher said to her student, "Billy, if both of your parents were born in 1967, how old are they now?"After a few moments, Billy answered, "It depends.""It depends on what?" she asked."It depends on whether you ask my father or my mother."

4 comments:

Carole Bryson said...

Wow wow wow ... sounds like a fantastic place ... would have loved to have been there.

nice to hear you've chilled out a bit and had a relaxing time.

Take care - xxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend. No rain? gorgeous photos too.

scrapdolly said...

The pictures are fab - but I especially loved the joke today

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend that was, looks stunning and right up my street. Hopw your well sweetie (((hugs)))