Monday, November 27, 2006

Wow what a weekend

What a brilliant weekend I have had.

Friday morning I went to watercolour class over at Inkspot, first time and was only really there as a visitor, can't get a place on that class unless somebody actually dies to free up a spot on the list, but regardless of this, I was allowed a place for a one off session and I loved it. Margaret the teacher had me painting lines of colour till I got them to merge without any visible join. This is amazingly hard to achieve, especially when I took cheap crappy paper with me, but achieve it I did. I'm such a determined little bugger when I want to be, I now have some proper watercolour paper to play with, but not sure when I'll get a spare min to play.

Friday Afternoon Heather arrived and off we set for our jaunt down to England, we got diverted on the Motorway because of an accident and ended up at Kirsty's for a cup of tea, then hit the road again till we got to Janets. Had a brilliant night there, sat round the table crafting away, Heather was so funny, had a DT emergency for one of the mags and both of us sat making up lippy chick books.

Saturday was amazing, finally got to Sarah's Cards Retreat and wow, what can I say, arrived to a hall packed with people, some I knew, some I knew of and some I had no idea who they where, but I can safely say, left with a lot more friends than I arrived with. The day was amazing, well worth the money, we got a brilliant goody bag, filled with adorable things and useful things. 3 classes which I have to say where fantastic, first up was Julie with a canvas book, next was Kirsty with a exploding box and lastly was Jan with a Star book. The team sarah has where amazing, everything was cut out, even the tinest embellishement, so hardly any work for us at all and the results are amazing, I'll post pics later in the week for you all to see. Oh have to also say the food was brilliant, yummy scrummy, food in my tummy. hee hee.

Saturday night me and Heather went to Janes (another one of my friends, or Lisa T as some of you know her) and we stayed up till very very late, but had a brilliant giggle. I even managed to get my next BOM Prompt layout finished - Me and Kirsty will be posting this on UKS on the 1st December so watch out for it.

Sunday, we drove home, tired, exhausted but very very happy. Me and Heather spent so much time yakking in the car, the trip home flew by. Once home I collapsed in a heap and must confess to sneaking a wee nap in, then it was back up and unpacking, tidying up the mess the boys had left and then off to bed.

Today I was back to the world of reality, and work and housework, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This week promises to be just as good though, Thursday sees Janet arriving for the weekend and lots of xmas shopping, saturday is crop day at my house and sunday is chill out day, so another fun weekend lined up.

Anyway, thats all my gossip, I'll catch you all later.

OMG I almost forgot, I opened the Scrapbook magazine today, and my ugly mush was in it, Kirsty did a feature on photography and had included a pic of me and her taken at the retreat she organised for her and emily falconbridge. I nearly peed myself laughing when I saw it. Here is the pic in question, but please check out the mag, Kirsty's article is fantastic.

Kissy Wissy's xxx

Joke of the Day:

The photographer for a national magazine was assigned to get photos of a great forest fire. Smoke at the scene was too thick to get any good shots, so he frantically called his home office to hire a plane. "It will be waiting for you at the airport!" he was assured by his editor. As soon as he got to the small, rural airport, sure enough, a plane was warming up near the runway. He jumped in with his equipment and yelled, "Let's go! Let's go!" The pilot swung the plane into the wind and soon they were in the air. "Fly over the north side of the fire," said the photographer, "and make three or four low level passes." "Why?" asked the pilot. "Because I'm going to take pictures! I'm a photographer, and photographers take pictures!" said the photographer with great exasperation. After a long pause the pilot said, "You mean you're not the instructor?"

4 comments:

Angela said...

hee hee!!
Glad you had a great time

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs and company, it was great fun!

Love that picture of you and Kirsty, will be watching for my copy now. Great joke hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Roz so glad you enjoyed your weekend and sorry you can't come to the next one. Have a great weekend with Janet it sounds like fun.
julie x

Unknown said...

Another great joke. I saw that pic in TSBM and didn't realize it was you- must be the pucker up!