Friday, April 04, 2008

Sad News

I have some sad news, I've had it for a while, but have only shared it with a small number of people, but I understand it is all out in the open now, so I can share it with you.

Angela has left Luxurious Angels.

She has decided to focus purely on her own business and its expansion, and I'm now running Luxurious Angels on my own, and I wish her tons and tons of success and joy.

This was not an easy decision for either of us, and I can't deny that I'm a bit upset to be losing Angela from the business. I had toyed with the idea of just stopping the retreats all together, but after feedback from the girls who where at the last retreat, and bearing in mind the retreat raises alot of money for charity I have decided to continue.

I'm currently looking at new locations, and once I have found a suitable one, I will be announcing the next date. I hope you can join me.

I don't want to finish with a joke tonight, instead I want to finish with this......

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON...It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a Godsend and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. Sometimes they die. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. Your need has been answered, and now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON...It is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

I so agree with this, I have struggled with a few things recently, one of those is Angela leaving the business, and I do have to confess that our relationship and friendship no longer seems the same, which truly saddens me. It has made me think back on other friendships, etc. I've lost a few friends from the scrapbooking community over the years, but after serious consideration, I've lost them as they have been in my life for a reason, I and they have taken what we needed and then left. At first, I was hurt by the decision by them to leave the friendship and also in the manner they behaved, but after reading the speech above, I'm actually relieved that they left, I will no longer be sad over what if's and but's, I shall simply put them the memories of them in a box and move on. I won't let their behaviour cloud my judgement and I won't let it hold me back from making new friends.

I will celebrate the Lifetime relationship I have, I'm so very lucky to have a few friends that are amazing, our friendships have spanned 20+ years , and I cherish the friendship I have with them.

I will embrace the people who are in my life for a reason and try my hardest to help them fulfil the need that they have and also fulfil any needs I have.

And I will happily accept people into my life for a season, although I might not share as much of myself with them as I have in the past.

Take care of yourselves and be kind to everyone that enters your life, remember they are their for a reason.

4 comments:

Sara-Jane said...

good luck with the Luxurious Angels.

Sara-Jane said...

sorry only half the message xcame up

was asking how ur keeping now i know life was tough for u so sending u some hugs and hope every thing sorted now

sj xx

pmk said...

It's a really poignant reading you quote and one which is useful to me because I've had a few friendships bite the dust over the years and it has hurt and not really made sense at the time but hindsight is a wonderful thing and this reading has reinforced the fact that things don't stay the same with everyone. I know that when we moved I found it hard that people just didn't stay in touch despite me really trying to keep the friendship going and it was hurtful. Like you say, all the more reason to cherish the lifetime friendships and accept that not everyone will want that level of friendship from me. Phew, my comment is the length of a blog post, sorry about that! Hope you're ok - you seem philosophical about it all so I hope that means that things are ok!

Elin said...

Roz it's very sad that your partnership with Angela for this has come to an end. I'm sure you will find the retreats will continue to go from strenght to strenght!

Good luck:)