Sunday, April 06, 2008

Moderation





Everything in Moderation, is a good thing. I've signed up for the UKS Cyber Crop, I've signed up before in the past, but never actually taken part, but this time, I've been encouraged by a few friends to actually join in properly.

I suppose the thing that has scared me off in the past is the pace of the event, it seems so fast and people do seem to get a bit manic about it all. However, I think I have it just right. I've been watching what has been going on from a distance, I've jumped in and out when I can, but I've not let it dominate my life. And I have to say, I'm enjoying myself. I know, what am I like.


I know there are a few people out their who hate Cyber Crops with a passion and they will think I've lost the plot for joining in, but as far as I'm concerned if it gets me into my scraproom I'm happy.


I've done a few of the challenges, and I've enjoyed what I've done so far. I made a planner, out of an old discarded index box, and I love how it turned out. I used Heidi Grace papers that I received but would never normally use, I still have plenty of the dividers left, so once the Cyber crop is over, it may get converted into something else, and out of the scraps I made a do not disturb sign for my scraproom door. Something that I'll probably keep.






I have even been adopted in the Cyber crop by Cal, she is leading the Comedy Kings, and its a wonderful idea to allocate each newbie with somebody who can hold your hand and offfer advise. I'm not going to encourage you to sign up, thats upto you, but I for one am enjoying myself, and thats what life is all about. I'm going to be spending the actual weekend of the classes with a friend and we will do the classes together, help each out and have a good old girly time in the process.
Joke of the day is in support of all things cyber, and one for the boys as well.
Subject: Computer Hard and Software:
Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system>activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected.I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0.
Please help!
Thanks,A Troubled User.
(KEEP READING)______________________________________
REPLY:Dear Troubled User:
This is a very common problem that men complain about.Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation.
I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.
The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.
Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag, Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0! WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3.
This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.
Best of luck,
Tech Support

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Hey Roz - good to see you are joining in the CC this year. I see you've signed up for the card swap too. Maybe we will end up sending to each other LOL

Thanks for the comments on my blog. As requested details of my cardmaking class are on my Stampin Up blog now
http://thefineartofstampin.blogspot.com/
Hope you can make it, would be great to see you again :)

Angela said...

Love the things you have made, they look great

Jenni said...

Fabby box Rozzy Roo. Shame about the job. Maybe you can find another geeky place to work. you know you love us geeks really!!
xx

Sara-Jane said...

roz loving ur stuff for the cyber cro well done you!!!!

its nice that ur getting on with her son ur obvisouly so close and he loves spending time with you which is brilliant most teenagers run from there mum's

thanks for comment on my fashion shoot much appreciated

sj xx

Elin said...

Fabby items!! Don't forget to bring the door hanger when you come over!! Can't wait for a girly w/e of crafting & gossip!!