Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Me Again

I know, what am I like, posting more than once a week, quick somebody call the blog police, Roz is breaking the rules, hee hee. I'm messing with ya, there are no blog rules.

Well what news do I have to share, not much actually, things are ticking over, Ben is driving me up the wall (no change there then) and work is great. I love my job, it stretches me every day, I learn something new every day and I work with a great bunch of people (hee david, you won't find any slagging off on here if your sneaking in). Sad thing is though, that I will be leaving it in September, its a maternity cover position, and the lady I'm covering for, has confirmed she is planning on returning, can't say I blame her, its a great job.

I'm about to set off trawling the country to locations for the next Luxurious Angels retreat, I actually love to drive, and its a great excuse to get out for a day and explore, so my weekends are quickly filling up with plans for exploring.

Mind you thought, I have to fit in two lovely ladies for a day each, as they brought me at the last retreat, I was auctioned off to raise some funds for Ellies fund. I was actually quite worried, nobody would want to buy me, but once it was clear, that I was willing to teach a small private group or tidy up their scrap room, the bids came flying in. In the end I was sold twice, once as a teacher and once as a slave. I'm actually really looking forward to it though, the girls who brought me are such a good laugh, we will have a scream.

In total between making cards, charging for swears at work and getting sold, I managed to raise £280 for Ellies fund, if you don't know anything about Ellie, then please go and visit Kirsty's blog for more details, its very close to my heart. I am lucky enough to know Ellie, and I can tell you, if you are ever lucky enough to meet her, then hold on, cause she will steal your heart, she has mine and Bens in a jar, and if we had another to give her, we would give it to her gladly. We both adore her to bits.

At the Luxurious Angels retreat we also did some fundraising for MacMillan Nurses, we raised a staggering £855. 00, can you believe it, that is most we have ever raised.

Anyway, thats about it from me. I'll leave you with a joke as usual.

Take care.xxx

It was a hot Saturday evening in the summer of 1960 and Fred had a date with Peggy Sue.
He arrived at her house and rang the bell.
"Oh, come on in!" Peggy Sue's mother said as she welcomed Fred in.
"Have a seat in the living room. Would you like something to drink? Lemonade? Iced tea?" "Iced tea, please," Fred said. Mom brought the iced tea."So, what are you and Peggy planning to do tonight?" she asked.
"Oh, probably catch a movie, then maybe grab a bite to eat at the malt shop,maybe take a walk on the beach..."
"Peggy likes to screw, you know," Mom informed him.
"Really?" Fred asked, eyebrows rose.
"Oh yes," the mother continued. "When she goes out with her friends, that's all they do!"
"Is that so?" asked Fred, incredulous.
"Yes," said the mother. "As a matter of fact, she'd screw all night if we let her!"
"Well, thanks for the tip!" Fred said as he began thinking about alternate plans for the evening.
A moment later, Peggy Sue came down the stairs looking pretty as a picture wearing a pink blouse and a hoop skirt, and with her hair tied back in abouncy ponytail. She greeted Fred."Have fun, kids!" the mother said as they left.
Half an hour later, a completely dishevelled Peggy Sue burst into the house and slammed the front door behind her."Twist, Mom!" she angrily yelled to her mother in the kitchen. "The Twist, Dammit! It's called the Twist! "

No comments: