Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cleaning binge

I've taken a mad spell of cleaning, my house is almost like a new pin. Out with the old and in with the new as they say.

I'm having difficulty sleeping and have quite a lot on my mind at the moment, and cleaning helps me to block all the thoughts and problems that I currently have.

Ben can't believe it, every room he goes into is like a palace, and all he can hear is me saying right behind him, don't you dare mess it up, hee hee, typical mum I know.

Only one more day at work, and then I'm off for a week and I'll be able to collapse in a heap and let all these problems pile on and hopefully I'll be able to deal with each one appropriately.

On a happier note, Suzanne and the kids are coming to stay for a week with us, I have a few things planned for us to do, days out, days in and lots of fun and games, hopefully they will be the distraction I need at the moment.

Joke of the day is from a colleague at work, hope you enjoy it.

Bruce is driving over the Sydney Harbour Bridge one day when he sees his girlfriend, Sheila about to throw herself off. Bruce slams onthe brakes and yells, "Sheila, what the hell d'ya think you're doing?"

Sheila turns around with a tear in her eye and says, "G'day Bruce. Ya got me pregnant and so now I'm gonna kill myself."

Bruce gets a lump in his throat when he hears this.

He says "Strewth Sheila..... Not only are you a great shag, but you're a real sport too." And drives off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And to think I thought this was an Irish joke!

Angela said...

Wish my house was really clean.
great joke!