Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Design Projects

As promised here are the things I made with the Design Kit Angela from Angel Crafts sent me.

I managed two layouts and a card, still have some scraps left, but put them to one side for the moment.
In my kit I received a sheet of Scenic Route White lined paper, a sheet of Making Memories - 5th Avenue - Sophia Flocked Leaves, a sheet of Making memories - 5th Avenue - Sophia Floral and a sheet of Making Memories - 5th Avenue - Sophia Geo Floral. I added a few things of my own, bazzill, blossoms, chipboard, alphas and some brads and I managed to make these.

This layout is using one of the many photos Kirsty Wiseman took of me in my house last year. Although my eyes are shut in this picture, it kinda sums up how I'm feeling at the moment, and how important my home is to me and how it keeps me centered, calm and sane all at the same time.


Some close up details of the heart with a scalloped bazzill border, hand cut and the cluster of embellishments. I especially love the badge, which came from paperchase and the large chipboard key came from Suzanne's stash, psssttt don't tell her.



A quick and easy card made with the left over paper and some of the many blossoms I seem to have breeding in my house.


A page made using the off cut of the bazzill heart that overhung on the first page and some of the lovely flocked leaves cut out. I love how the title came out, I stamped over the letters with a hero art leaves stamp and some acrylic paint. Really make it pop from the page now and ties in with the handcut leaves. I'll add my journalling later to this, once I can decide what to say.



Today has been great fun, but we did not seem to achieve a lot, we nipped over to Livingston as I needed to visit the papermill to pick up some cardstock for a class I'm teaching soon. We took a quick wander around so that the girls could see the water feature that is located their, it is amazing, and I have taken some pictures of it, but not had a chance to upload them yet. I will try before the week is out. Then it was home. I have felt like I'm fighting a cold off for a few weeks now, and in the car on the way home, I could not stop sneezing, so once home, Suzanne took charge so I could lie down for an hour in the vain home that it would pass. Well it seems to have done the trick so far, fingers crossed.
Now I must rush as me and Suzanne have some scrapping planned now the kids are in bed.
Joke of the day:
A man calls home to his wife and says, "Honey I have been asked to go fishing at a big lake up in Canada with my boss and several of his friends. We'll be gone for a week. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've been wanting, so would you please pack me enough clothes for a week and set out my rod and tackle box. We're leaving from the office and I will swing by the house to pick my things up. Oh! And please pack my new blue silk pajamas."
The wife thinks this sounds a little fishy but being a good wife she does exactly what her husband asked. The following weekend he comes home a little tired but otherwise looking good.
The wife welcomes him home and asks if he caught many fish. He says, "Yes! Lots of Walleye, some Blue gill, and a few Pike. But why didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you to do?"
The wife replies;
"I did, they were in your tackle box."

3 comments:

Sara-Jane said...

thanks for ur comment Roz!! i was majorly bored the day i done 7 layouts everybody was working

must admit most of them only needed finsihing as id started them at the crop beforehand

love ur latest pages

sj xx

Suzanne said...

Loving both these pages Roz. That photo of you is just stunning (and shows off your gorgeous bedroom wallpaper really well too!). And the overstamping on the letters of the second page is just WOW!

Thanks for such a great week, missing you lots xxx.

Angela said...

Great joke, fab layouts!