Monday, May 15, 2006

Bonanza was fantastic

Well I'm back, I'm tired, can't find a thing but I loved every minute of bonanza. I had a ball, managed to do 7 classes and I loved every one of them, created some fab things came away with my head whizzing with ideas and inspiration and even got a few good comments about the bits I'd made for Art from the Heart.

Why is that we all (or is it just me) lack confidence in the things we create, when I think back, I know the things I made where fantastic (I know my head won't fit through the door if I keep on), but I'm telling you, my confidence has taken so many blows recently that I was convinced that what I had made was horrible and would end up in the bin, but no I was wrong, Dyan and mark and the gang loved them all, and it was wonderful to hear customers come upto the stand and look at what I had made and say it was great, I came away glowing with excitment that they where talking about things I had made. Anyway enough of my self pity.

I met so many people, loads of them have been my heros for so long I was kinda shell shocked at meeting them in the flesh, first one and top of the list had to be Kirsty Wiseman, I love this woman and everything she creates, she must kinda think I'm a bit of a nutter, cause when we met, I gave her a big hug and then another and then another, could not stop myself, she is just flipping fantastic and I'm so proud and chuffed to say we both work for the same design team (blonde moments) well I loved meeting her and managed to book onto one of her classes and blagged my way into another one, so got to spend some great time at the masters feet, trying to glean as much of her creativety as I could possibly get away with stealing without her noticing. Only problem is, think somebody stole it from me, cause its all gone. I also met Anna from bumblebee crafts, now she is one awesome lady and she kindly took a pic of me and kirsty together, but I never had the balls for one of me her together, Doh big mistake, will have to try harder next time, but I'm sure that the photo is now in the hands of the police, to stop me stalking them.

I took my camera but was far to busy to take any pics, so sorry about that, but I will finish off the bits and pieces I made in the classes and will upload some of these for you all to see.

When I got home, was waiting at the carosel for my luggage and got a lovely surprise when Ben snuck up behind me to give a great big squish hug, when we got home, Gerry went out to his usual manly hour, 5 a sides (excuse for lardy arse men to run around for an hour, pretending they are brilliant at football, then they all come home, complaining of cuts and bruises and he pushed me etc) so whilst he was out, me and ben climbed under the quilt and watched tv and had some quality time catching up with each other. I do love out moments together like that, we sit and hold hands and talk for ages, I cherish these moments so much as the more he grows up the less he wants to do it, but Sunday was great cause he wanted to stay there for ages.

Thanks for dropping by and having a read of my blog, I hope you come back soon.

Take care of you.

2 comments:

Angela said...

See I told you they were great!
I'm going to start saving!!!!

Anonymous said...

Roz, so glad you had a great time and got to do soem extras, be proud of your self.
Sounds like you and Ben have a great relationship, thats so special. Looking forward to seeing some of your pages.
Amanda H