Saturday, September 29, 2007

Question Time.

This blog entry is to the person who left me a comment on yesterdays entry.

Anonymous said...
Why do you always use the same photos in your layouts? Don't you get bored of scrapping the same ones over and over?

Ummmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhh now should I be offended at this comment, or should I take it as a simple question. I've decided to take it as a simple question, as don't believe somebody would leave a comment on my blog that was meant to be hurtful.

I've actually only used the photos of me and ben used on yesterdays post, twice now, both times they have been for projects that have not been for me, but for another company to present their products, and I have to use what goes with the papers/products etc.

No I don't get bored of scrapping the same photos over and over again.

I'm not actually that great at taking pictures, something I need to work on more, and I plan to, I could not afford a camera when Ben was little so don't have many pictures of him as a wee one, and the ones I have are pants, so I prefer to scrap what photos I do have that are brilliant, and the recent photos you are seeing, where all shot by Kirsty Wiseman and I love them all. I'm also afraid to say, you will be seeing alot more of these photos over the coming months, as I want to do layouts of these pictures for me to keep myself.

If you look back over my blog you will see a variety of different pictures as well that I have used, i.e. ben in the pool, close up shots of ben, etc.

If you don't like my pictures or the contents (I appreciate it must be boring looking at Ben all the time), try looking beyond them to the actual layout, etc, you never know you might see something you like there.

I hope that answers your questions appropriately, if not please feel free to leave another comment or email me, there is a button in the top right hand corner that you can click to email me.

Thank you for your comment, I do appreciate a bit of interaction with the people who visit, its nice to know I'm not rambling away to nobody.

14 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Hi Roz, You've been tagged (should I say sorry?). Pop by my blog for details :o)

Anonymous said...

I've scrapped the same photograph twice and I'm about to scrap it for a third time. It's a picture of my son sitting in front of a "please keep off the grass sign". The first time I srapped it was years ago as part of our day out. The second time was yesterday when I matched it with a picture of my 2 year old nephew doing the same thing as part of a little book for him and I'm going to do a layout in my son's book with the two photos. So to answer your blog entry - yes, I certainly have scrapped the same piccie more than once.

Anonymous said...

LOL I used to never scrap the same photo twice but I am doing so right now. I scrap photos of Noemie on 8-1/2 x 11 pages for her albums and then now I'm making a 6x6 album for DH's birthday pressie using many of the same photos! And nope I don't get bored of it either as I love looking at my DD LOL!

Qhy do people leave questions anonymously though?!?

Anonymous said...

Qhy= Why

Teaches me to type too fast and not double check what I've written!

Karen said...

I often scrap the same photo more than once.:P They're usually photos of my children and, if they're photos I happen to love then I'm not going to get bored of seeing the same ones again. It might not make interesting viewing for other people but that's their problem, not mine lol.

I agree totally with what you said - people need to look beyond the photos and view the layout as a whole.

GlitteryKatie said...

If I have a fave photo I have scrapped it a few times- using different techniques.
Anonymous comments and neg commensta re just plain rude- cudos to you Roz for being upfront about it!

Carole Bryson said...

I've only got one decent photograph of me, and thats the one I use over and over and over !!!

Could I have my own 'smacker' too please ?!!

Linda said...

Roz, well done for taking this anonymous question and answering it so positively. I'm not sure I would have reacted like that, lol.

As for scrapping a pic more than once, I think most scrappers do at some point, especially if we only got into scrapping once our kids were a bit older or if we don't have loads of pics of ourselves. I find I often do a digi page and a paper page using the same pics.

Anonymous said...

I think that is a cracking answer Roz! I scrap photos more than once, particularly if it is a good one! Like you, early photos of Ashley are not v good - wish I knew what I know now... especially when see the gorgeous LO of little ones and fab photos.

As for anonymous posting - I usually take this route, but always put my name on the bottom.. did open blogger account but whenever try to log on it doesnt let me... so post under anon so can still leave a comment!

ok, enough waffle now!!LOL!!

Katie Squirrel xxx

Hullabaloo said...

Roz, I've seen these photos before - you got these taken by Kirsty the same week as I got mine done at Chatelherault - and I don't get fed up looking at either them or the lovely things you manage to create with them. All of the layouts I do have my son Max in them and I wouldn't think twice about scrapping photos that I really love more than once. I hope the person that left the comment didn't mean it in a hurtful way and was only asking a simple question. I find I'm usually looking beyond the picture at how you have managed to achieve a particular effect. So I guess what I'm trying to say is - You keep it up girl - we love seeing your work!

Charlotte said...

They are gorgeous photos Roz, and it's not often that any of us get a chance for ourselves to actually be in a shot with our loved ones, (I am always behind the camera!!)so the more times they are scrapped the better I say!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

its getting so boring with all of this anonymous stuff.
It would be more fun if people put their real names to their questions. But then that ain't ever gonna happen.
Ive scrapped 1 of my fave photos three times..... when you love a emory so much or are hapopy with the way you look - its worth celebrating.
Poo poo to Ms Anonymous if she was having a dig.

Unknown said...

Another one here who scraps photos more than once- I love seeing how they can all look so different depending on how you scrap them! Also I only have one decent photo of me- taken by my daughter, so why would I use an ugly one when I can use a presentable flattering one?

Beverley Todd said...

Not only do I scrap the photos multiple times but there is a particular photo of DS4 when he was 8 days old that was scrapped (& published) in 4 different LOs - at that point I did think maybe I should move on to some different shots! LOL
I don't have a problem posting anonymously on my blog - if I wasn't almost permanently logged in to blogger I would probably do the same. & maybe I'm naive but I'd say that was a simple question - been asked the same myself in the past.