Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh no I hear you all cry........... not another book

Yep sorry it is. Another clear acrylic one I made for Stamp Addicts with the Bind it all machine.

I never really explained it yesterday. The book was made by sandwiching two pieces together, yesterdays was joined together with a sewing machine and the side where the binding is was left open. I did my layout double sided and inserted into the pages and then sew it together then bound it, some embellishments have been added to the outside of the pages to give depth and dimension to the book.

Todays book, was made in a similar way, but instead of sewing it, I used eyelets to fasten it together and then added some floss for decoration, the floss does not hold the book together as both pages where eyeletted together, but if you wanted to you could eyelet each page and then use floss or ribbon to hold it together if you wanted. Again this book has been embellished inside and outside to give depth and dimension and make parts of it interactive like the tags, etc.

I do love the acrylic books that are about now, I know they are meant to be made from thick perspex, but who can afford those, when these ones only cost approx 20 a sheet, I used 10 sheets on each book, a bargain, if I don't say so myself.






Joke of the day:
Two women were comparing notes on the difficulties of running a small business. "I started a new practice last year," the first one said. "I insist that each of my employees take at least a week off every three months." "Why in the world would you do that?" the other asked. She responded, "It's the best way I can learn which ones I can do without."
I'm rapidly running out of jokes, so if you have any good ones, please email them to me and I promise I will post them on my blog and give you all the credit.
Take care of yourselves. xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you always use the same photos in your layouts? Don't you get bored of scrapping the same ones over and over?

Linda said...

God, what an awful thng to ask! I love the book and will be popping back regularly for continues inspiration.

Karen Mortensen said...

Why is it nasty comments are always anonymous???
I love your work Roz, ignore the stupid blighter above!