Thursday, October 04, 2007

Home Cooking.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to have Ben all to myself. His Dad was away and we got to have the whole weekend doing what we wanted or what Ben wanted. And Ben wanted to cook, so cook we did.

We spent Saturday pouring over receipe books and deciding what to make, then checking the ingredients, etc. Sunday morning we got up early and went to Asda to get all the key ingredients we needed and then we spent the day cooking, and wow, what that boy produced, knocked me off my feet. My taste buds thought they where in heaven.

We skipped out on a starter as we knew what was planned for desert and we wanted to make sure we left room for that, so straight into Lemon Chicken with fresh herbs and the greatest roast potatoes ever, with Carrots cooked in orange juice and fresh seasoning, just look at this.







then for desert we had Chocolate Roulade, oh it was heaven, it lasted us a few days which we where both pleased about, hee hee.







Ben really enjoyed himself and although I helped, his confidence in the kitchen has really grown, so much so that he now wants to be responsible for cooking one meal a week in our house. And anybody who knows me, knows I won't be complaining about that, obviously it will all be supervised etc and safety in the kitchen is followed at all times.

So now we are trying to decide what to have this week to eat, so many choices of what to pick, ummmmmmmhhhhhhhhh I'm making myself hungry at the thought of all that wonderful food.

Joke of the Day, is more of a poem for all the girls out there and it comes from Clair over in Sunny Australia, Big waves to Clair, I miss you hunny bun.

Lord before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man who is not a creep,
One who is handsome, smart & strong,
One who's willy's thick & long.

One who thinks before he speaks,
Promises to call & won't wait weeks,
I pray that he is gainfully employed,
And when I spend his cash,
Won't be annoyed.

Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh send me a man who will make love to my mind,
Knows just what to say,
When I ask " How big's my behind?",

One who'll make love till my body's a twitchin,
In the hall, the loo, the garden & kitchen!
I pray that this man will love me no end,
And never attempt to shag my best friend!


And as I kneel & pray by my bed,
I look at the wanker you sent me instead!

Amen.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi Roz! I scrap the same photos as well! I have tagged you so come over to my blog to see what its about! PS You have already had all my good jokes!! :lol:

Kirsty Wiseman said...

i just spat my mars bar all over the screen!
that poem is piss funny!