Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday Blues

Well, what a busy weekend I've had, well sort of, I had a fab day on Saturday apart from the oversleeping bit and been a bit late for picking my friend up. We went to our card making group where I spent the time rather frustrasingly trying to design a card, finally managed to come up with something, but it still needed tweaking, so I spent the rest of the day at home messing with it, and then hit jackpot and rattled 30 of the little monkeys out. Ben spent the day at the UC and Gerry spent the day on his bottom recovering from his alcohol intake from the night before. As promised girls, he strolled in later than he said and woke everyone up with his high pitched SHHHHHHHHHHHHH, honest you gotta love that guy (well somebody has to).

Sunday was most relaxed day I have had in ages, I actually got up early (10.30am - thats early for me on a Sunday, ask anybody) and spent a few hours in my craft room, then went and had a lie down with Gerry, whilst he watched the footy, needless to say, we both feel fast asleep and there I stayed till 8pm, when I was rudely awoken to be told my tea was ready for me (I take back all the bad things I've ever said about Gerry, he is a sweety).

Anyway, all that sleep had a really bad effect on me, cause when it was bed time, off we went and Gerry, don't know how he does it, but as soon as his head hits the pillow he is out like a light, whereas me, well I sat and read, then read some more, and a bit more, at 2am I tried really hard to go to sleep, but by 3am I gave up and got out of bed, and I've not been back to it since. I went downstairs to my room, where I rattled off another 30 cards (these where different from the ones yesterday) got everything ready for the kids art class and even made some easter cards for friends.

Gerry got up at 6.30 and could not believe I had not slept.

Anyway, thats enough of my weekend, now to today. First day back at work after a week off on the sick, and one of my colleagues was so good to me, she never gave me anything to do for the first hour or so in the office, as she said I probably needed that time to get my head back around things, and she was right. Not that my email or voicemail was full, but honestly everything in that place changes so quickly, jobs come and go, and it takes you a while to find out what you missed and whats new.

Had the Kids art class tonight, and they are such a bunch of sweeties, honestly everyone said when I started these classes that I must be mad as kids are a nightmare, but I've found the opposite to be true, so long as the kids are busy doing something they enjoy they are great.

Tonight we had a big talk about one of the projects they are doing and they where all asked if they knew how a particular thing was made, well they went through all the options, all of which where wrong, when one of my assistants started sneezing to give them a clue, so I said, whats Clare doing, she is trying to help you all out (BTW, the thing was made using napkins and modpodge) any way, one of the little darlings, pipes up, I know how you made it, you sneezed snot all over it. Well I could not stop laughing, and for that alone, I would not give up the classes for all the riches in the world.

Bens got so much planned for the next two weeks during the easter holidays, tomorrow he is off Mountain Boarding and then has a music project in the evening, honestly I don't think we will see much of him at all, its always the same during the holidays, he is off out and about, sometimes I wish he was little and wanted to stay home with me, like he use to.

Anyway, thats all my news for now, please give me your gossip and I'll talk to you soon.

Take care of you

Love Roz.xxx

No comments: