Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yeukkkkkkk ............... Yahoooooooooooooo

Yeukkkkkkkkkkkkk I've had a bad virus, won't go into details, but toilet was glued to me, need say no more.

Yahoooooooooooooooo, my house is finally finished, well the inside is, and I love it, love it, love it, love it, do you understand, I love it.

Carpet fitters came last week and fitted carpets, then had to take hall one back up and come back again on Monday, I've told you before, nothing in this house is ever easy, this delayed the decorator finishing off his bits, but never mind, I was quite pleased as he ended up blocking out all of Monday and Tuesday for me, and he only really needed half a day on both days, so I got him to do all the snagging little jobs that have been driving me up the wall.

Ben is off school for half term, so he has been helping me out, with moving boxes from the garage, where everything was stored, cleaning it all, and then finding new homes for it, and its all done. All I have left to do is finish making the curtains for the front lounge and adjusting the length of the curtain in the front hall as its changed position since last hung, and I need to hang some pictures, but these things should not take me an age, in fact, I quite fancy running around with a hammer tonight, so the pictures might be up soon.

And to top it all off, I even get to show it off this weekend, we are having some friends arriving tomorrow and they are staying till Tuesday, a surprise visit, which has had us running around like headless chickens but brilliant news, as I love this friend so much and her kids are so funny.

Anyway, thats all my news. Oh no its not, I almost forget, Yes I'm not going to the real LA, its Luxurious Angels, we are hosting another retreat in March 2008 at the same venue, Lockerbie Manor, so if you fancy a weekend of scrapping to your hearts content, classes with brilliant amazing teachers and lots of fun and frivolity, then send me an email and I'll get straight back to you with all the details. We still need to update the website, but give us a chance we only decided last week to do this again, after much arm twisting from everyone. One thing I will say is we are limiting numbers this year, so if you do want to come, hurry as we are taking bookings already.

Anyway, Joke of the Day:
Every Saturday morning Grandpa Walt found himself babysitting his three grandchildren...all boys. The kids always wanted to play ''war,'' and Grandpa somehow always got coaxed into the game.His daughter came to pick up the kids early one Saturday and witnessed Grandpa take a fake shot as Jason pointed a toy gun and yelled, "Bang!''Grandpa slumped to the floor and stayed there motionless. The daughter rushed over to see if he was all right. Grandpa opened one eye and whispered, ''Sh-h-h, I always do this. It's the only chance I get to rest.''

4 comments:

Sara-Jane said...

hope your feeling better now,

Glad to hear your caperts are laid and hope u wnet round with the hammer, something i mmsut do but can never decide what to ut up and what not

hope your well?

take care

Carole Bryson said...

YAY !!! The house is finished ! Where's my invite ?? is it stuck in the post somewhere ????!!!

Happy home Roz you deserve it xxxx

Linda said...

Thrilled to hear your house is finally finished. Hope the bug has gone for good. Gutted at missing the LA retreat though :-(

Unknown said...

Hiya Roz- hope you are feeling better now.