Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Digi Widgets

Can you believe it, I am doing Digi and its all down to the bloody brilliant Kirsty Wiseman and her digi workshop.


I have tried digi before, and believe me, its not been a pretty sight, I had no idea what programmes to use and actually did my first layout in powerpoint, ahhhhhhh I hear you all cry. I did eventually work my way upto using elements, but it was all goobly gook to me.

Well not anymore, we are now into our second week of the digi course, and I can't believe how much I've learnt already.
Now I know that some of the girls who are doing the course, said that week one was easy, and even Kirsty said it was a very basic start to make sure everyone was singing from the same hymm sheet, but let me say right now, thank god she did that, if she had not started at such a basic level I would have never have tried it.

Anyway, here you go, there are three layouts in total, first one is what we did in the first week, second one is the same layout with some changes that we learnt in the second week and the third layout is a challenge that kirsty set us to see how much we had all learnt, and I have to say, I'm quite proud of myself, I adore the 3rd layout, and will be recreating this in a paper format
Layout at the end of week one, We are all using the same papers etc to help make it easier.

Layout at the end of week 2, notice the photo mat has now changed to a star, the title is altered and we have shadow on the photo mat, etc to help add depth and dimension.



challenge Layout, using the skills we have learnt so far. I have quite a stock of digi downloads that I have been collecting in anticipation of this digi course, and I had this brilliant photo of Angela and me that Suzanne took for us last week whilst she was up. I absolutely adore this picture, in fact, its been edited using the actions that kirsty sells as well.

Anyway, thats it for me for tonight.

Joke of the day: Having shot a moose two Antartians began dragging it by the tail to their pick-up.On the way they were stopped by a game warden. "Let me see your hunting licenses boys," he said. When he saw that everything was in order he asked if he could give them some advice."Sure!" the hunters agreed."Well boys, I think that you would find it a lot easier to drag that moose by the horns and not the tail.""Aye, O.K. and thanks," said the lads.After about five minutes one said to the other, "Boy, dragging by the horns is sure a lot easier, eh?" "Aye, you're right," said his friend, "but have you noticed that we are getting further away from the truck?"

2 comments:

SueH said...

Og wow Roz, your LO is beautiful.

Great course isn't it and like you, if the first lesson hadn't been stright forward I think I would have been scared away too.

Can't wait for week three now!

Lillykins said...

Loving the course too and by week two we are all doing fabby things - never realised it could be so much fun !