Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I know I know

I'm terrible at updating this blog at the moment, but its been all go in our house the past week. Ben started back at school and is now in the 2nd year of High School. He looks amazing in his uniform, but I've promised him I won't embrasses him by posting a pic of him on my blog, and a promise is a promise.


I have been like a whirlwind this week, on a cleaning frenzy. My scrapping stuff had appeared to take on a life of its own, and was gradually spreading itself all around the house, it had managed to take over the craft room, the dining room and the kitchen, it was getting so bad that we had resorted to eating our meals on our laps in the family room. Which was something Ben was complaining about, meant he got to watch TV whilst he ate, whereas I on the other hand hated it. We only usually get to have one meal together each day, and I always love having it round the dinner table as it gives us all a chance to play catch up and find out how every ones day went. We stole this idea from a movie about doing High/Low, you give one high for the day and one low for the day and then we all have something to talk about.

Anyway, back to the point, my scrapping stuff had taken over the house, so I had to tidy up. I've now managed to tidy my craft room, have filled my boot with stash I no longer want, and I'm going to be taking it all to my card group on Saturday to sell and raise some much needed funds. And on a bonus note, because I've tidied up, I now have a clean and tidy Dining Room and Kitchen, on the downside, Ben was not pleased to be back at the dinner table for tea this evening, hee hee.

My Godchildren came over last week. And we had a great time. They where only here for about 4 hours, which was nowhere near long enough for us, but we did manage to bake some cakes and play. Natascha managed to raid my scrapbooking stash and left with a huge bag full, which she has unfortunately had to leave at her Grans as there was no room in her suitcase to take it home, but she is coming back over in October and will be able to take it all back with her then, she is also planning on having a scrapping fest with me. Yahoo.

I have had approval from our presevation company to re-decorate the hall and lounge as well now, so I now need to do some plastering, anybody want to come and help, AHHHHHHHHHHHH I've never plastered in my life, and have a area about 6ft by 6ft that needs done, I'm terrified of doing it, incase I make a mess. Once I've done it I can get the decorating finished and the carpets fitted, and the house will be finally finished, or at least the inside will be. I still need to finish the garden off and do some painting outside, and then Viola, all done. Any volunteers want to offer their help?????????

And finally I am so honoured as Heather has nominated my blog for a Schmooze award, how honored and an award as a 'Thoughtful blogger'. I actually have to confess that I have no idea what these awards are for or why I have received them, considering how bad I am at bloggin at the moment, but I am so pleased to have been picked. I do love blogging and I love to read other peoples blogs, my blog is mainly me ranting on like a mad woman though, and probably bores everone to sleep, but I don't care, it gives me a place to keep an online diary, and I do love sitting here and reading my older posts, I love to see how my family and friends have progressed over the year and I love having the ability to catch up with friends via their blogs. So Heather thank you so much for nominating me. xxxx to you darling.


I have to nominate some people to receive these, so here goes. Firstly I will pick Angela, because she is a tower of strength to me at times and she is such a thoughtful person.
Secondly I pick Suzanne, you are amazing and you know you are, hee hee (she will hate me for that)
Thirdly I will pick Tracie, you have been such a loyal supporter and advocate for Lippy Chick and you always scream its praises from the rooftops, thank you so much.
Fourth is Kirsty - Come on cyclops you know you want to join in
And last but not least I pick Pam, cause I love her blog, it has me laughing so hard at times and her work is stunning and best of all she is always happy to share it with us.
I did want to pick a few others, but they have already had the awards, but I still love you all.
Anyway take care, and here is your joke of the day:
WHERE DO REDHEADED BABIES COME FROM?
After their baby was born, the panicked father went to see the obstetrician.
"Doctor," the man said, "I don't mind telling you, but I'm a little upset because my daughter has red hair. She can't possibly be mine."
"Nonsense," the doctor said. "Even though you and your wife both have black hair, one of your ancestors may have contributed red hair to the gene pool."
"It isn't possible," the man insisted. "This can't be, our families on both sides had jet-black hair for generations."
"Well," said the doctor, "let me ask you this. How often do you have sex?"
The man seemed a bit ashamed.
"I've been working very hard for the past year.
We only made love once or twice every few months."
"Well, there you have it!" The doctor said confidently.
"It's rust"

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

PMSL at the joke, so that is why Mia's hair is that colour, I always wondered :D:D:D

xxx's thanks for the love and I KNOW I KNOW I need to update my blog ...

Unknown said...

Where do you get these jokes from?They just make my day. And thanks for the thoughtful blogger award too- now who to pass it on to...?

Linda said...

Love that joke! Good luck with the plastering - not a job I fancy trying.