Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Be Warned, photo overload

Yep, I've left it so long since I last blogged, I'm going to give you all a photo overload, first up we have the last book I did for the Stamp Addicts workshops that I recently taught at, and then we have pics of Suzannes kids.

So to start you here is the last book I did for Stamp Addict. I loved this one, its probably my fave, I know I should not have a fave, but if squeezed, pinched and kicked really really hard, then this would def. be it.









Each of the flaps have been left open at the top to allow for a tag to be put in, this is a really jammed packed book, but it does still fit in its cover, just, ha ha.

OK, next lot of photos start now, hee hee.

We have had quite a week here, Suzanne and the kids arrived Weds tea-time, and we got stuck straight into scrapping, I was working on some projects that I can't share just yet, and Suzanne was working on a layout for the Design Collection class, what can I say about it but Wow, Wow, Wow, amazing. On Thursday, we all jumped into the car, no mean feat with 4 kids and 2 adults and headed off for a day at the People's Palace, me and Ben had gone last week, but it was a spur of the moment thing and I never had my camera.

Today was different, armed with camera, we had a great time. We split up into teams as they give the kids a detective form to fill in, to make sure they get as much from the place as possible, it was girls against boys. The girls had a great time trying to read the scottish text. The boys had a wild time of it as well, they discovered the lifts and I think they spent all their time going up and down between the floors. We finally finished off our quest for clues, and had lunch - picnic style in the Winter Gardens, and wow was it hot, the sun was coming through the glass and it was like having our own private desert island, expect for all the peeps who had to keep stepping over us that is. The kids all had numerous goes of the wishing well, so much so that Suzannes purse was much lighter on the journey home.















After the Palace and Gardens, we made our way home, with a quick detour via the park to let the kids have a mad 1/2 hour and hopefully make them tired (it did'nt work) Ben, Josh and Chaira all ran straight for the biggest thing in the park and raced to the top, whilst I stood open mouthed in fear of them dropping from great heights and trying to figure out the best route to A&E.

Josh got stuck in the kids train and took an age to come out, that might have had something to do with me standing there though, refusing to leave till I had caught an appropriate shot of him in distress, at no point did I offer to assist, see what a good scrapper I am, ha ha.

Actually Josh hates his picture been taken and its a nightmare for Suzanne as she is desperate to scrap him, I on the other hand have a dream son who will let me take his picture whenever I so desire, take today for instance, we had left a small feather boa out from when the kids where here, and Ben decided to put it on (whilst still in his PJ's) and model it for me, when I grabbed my camera, I thought he might have run off, but no, he happily posed for a few shots - Bless him. (ummhhh I'm wondering whilst typing this, if I should be worried, nahhhhhhhh nothing to worry about, it was good honest fun)

Anyway, I digress, Mia promptly showed him how it was suppose to be done, what a cutie pie she is.

We had a slight downpour whilst at the park, you can see the rain clouds gathering in some of the pics, so we took shelter under the trees, (I know, not a wise move, but there was no thunder) and whilst under the trees, I got this shot of the girls, and I love it. Anyway, once me and Suzanne where tired out (yes us and not the kids) we set off home for tea.

Suzanne and the kids where suppose to be leaving us on Friday morning, but they all asked if they could stay another night and who was I to say no, think I might have even planted the seed in their heads, hee hee. We had a ball, the girls are amazing, they create their own little fantasy world and play so happily, I was so jealous as wanted to be a part of it. Ben and Josh had a computer fest, we never saw the boys except for meal times. We all ate well and drank well and languished in each others company, and the odd bit of scrapping was done as well. Angela even came over on Thursday night to join in, well she watched and gossiped whilst me and Suzanne scrapped.

Saturday, was card group day for me and Anne my friend, Sunday was lazy day and yesterday Me and Ben went out with Bens dad for a day before Ben starts back at school, actually it was quite a nice day, the weather was good to us, and we went to the botanical gardens, must admit, that once you have seen one plant, they do start to all look the same, but it was fun, especially making the venus fly trap close up thinking it had caught a tasty lunch, only to discover we had tricked it with tree bark, ha ha. Then we had lunch at the German brewery and had another wander around the Peoples Palace, can you guess yet where my fave place is at the moment, yep you got it right the Peoples Palace, ha ha.

Last night was spent scrapping in earnest, I need to clear this project pile from my desk to let me get on with the book of me prompts which are due soon. I never posted one in August, so have to do two for September, and my brain is not working at the moment, have the prompts, just no inspiration for the layouts, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ben was suppose to start back at School today, but with his school been a new build, they are having a few teething problems and it's been delayed till Thursday, yahoo, a few extra days with Ben. Tomorrow our Godchildren are coming over for the day, before they head back home to Canada, so I'm now running around try to find baking goodies for us to play with and some scrapping stuff, Natashca has taken up scrapbooking and I've promised her she can raid my room (oh no what have I let myself in for), Cameron wants to cook up a storm and play rough and tumble with Ben, so by tomorrow night the house will a chaos of flour, grass and scrapping stuff, but its all in the name of fun, so I don't care.

Anyway, thats enough from me, I'm sure I'll be back later in the week with pics of our cooking and scrapping fest, till then take care of yourself,

Joke of the day is from Claire, all the way from Down under - Love you Claire, big kisses from me to you. xxx

A young Chinese couple gets married.
She's a virgin.
Truth be told, he is a virgin too, but she doesn't know that.
On their wedding night, she cowers naked under the sheets as her husband undresses in the darkness.
He climbs into bed next to her and tries to be reassuring. 'My darring,' he whispers, 'I know dis iss your firss time and you berry frighten. I pomise you, I give you anyting you want, I do anyting - juss anyting you want. you juss ask... so... whatchu want?' he says, trying to sound experienced and worldly, which he hopes will impress her.
A thoughtful silence follows and he waits patiently (and eagerly) for her request. She eventually shyly whispers back, 'I want try someting I have heard about from other gurls... Numbah 69.' More thoughtful silence, this time from him. Eventually, in a puzzled tone he asks her... 'You want... Garlic Chicken with steam vegetable?'

10 comments:

Angela said...

lol, fab joke!

Love that book!!!

Ruth said...

Roz, you look simply stunning in that dress and the book is fab! Like the joke too!!!

Linda said...

Love your book and gladd you all had fun. I love the PP too!

Kelly said...

wowzers just love that book-simply stunning hunny xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful book Roz xx Hugs to you and Suzanne if she's still there :) xx

Anonymous said...

Love the book. Fab pics- your getting good at this photography :)
Sounds like you had a lovely time with Suz and kids.
Chuckling away at the joke.
julie x

Patsy Jackson said...

Fab book Roz - love the colours - just gorgeous!

And thanks for your recent comment on my blog abour my Flip Book :) Made my day :)

Patsy x

PS - Great joke!

Unknown said...

Haa haa haa! great joke! Wow what a long post- Lucky you to spend time with Suzanne- one talented lady..

Anonymous said...

Book is fab, pics are fab, glad you had a nice time. Awards for you on me blog. pmsl @ your joke!

Suzanne said...

We had a fabby time with you Roz, good job you didn't let us stay any longer we might never have left!

Sorry about Josh's sulk over the camera mind.

xxx's