Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm all shiny

Yep I am, today, whilst working on a project, I decided to get out my alcholol inks. I wanted to use my lovely shiny copper metallic finish, and did as I was suppose to, I shook the bottle till the little metal ball inside moved around freely, then I opened the bottle and tried to squeeze some out, well none was forthcoming, so I tipped the bottle incase the ball was causing a blockage and tried again, yet still none was forthcoming, so I gave a little bit of a harder squeeze and...........


SPLAT.......... the whole bloody lot went everywhere, all over my kettle, my cricut, my worktops, my walls, my floor, my project and above all else, all over me.

I used up a fair old amount of the blending solution to clean everywhere off, but is got stuck in all the crevises of my watch, so now my lovely expensive Armani watch, looks cheap and tacky with cooper all over it, it looks like the silver is rubbing off to reveal a cheaper underside, ahhhhhhhhhh. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I can't share what I've been working on, as they are for classes I'm teaching this weekend over at Stamp Addicts. But I can share with you, I'M SO BLOODY EXCITED. I can't wait, I leave on Friday, stay at Sarah's overnight, after having explored her shop in its full glory, then teach 3 - 2 hour workshops back to back, and then come home, I'm teaching the Flip, Flop and Flap books to 20 ladies in each class and each class is so different from the next. The only thing each class shares is that I have crammed loads of photo's onto each of the projects. I just adore minibooks, well I guess you already know that about me, ha ha.

Oh just for you, I'll let you all have a quick sneak at what I'm doing, its not much of a sneak, but will give you all an idea of the colours they are working with.

Now I've actually used photo's that the talented Miss Wiseman took, whilst she was up here on a recent visit, so you don't have to worry about your pics going with the papers, one book I've dedicated to Me, one to Ben and one to the both of us together. I've also decorated the covers using different methods as well, and now don't think I can part with these books, fingers crossed Sarah over at Stamp Addicts does not want to keep them. I might just have to make one of each up during the class and let her have them and she can add her own photo's later if she does want them.
I've got lots to do this week, have design team projects to do and a CJ for a new group I'm in, I know I always say never again, but I'm a sucker for all things CJ, I just love to share with my friends, and share inspiration and ideas with them.
Ben is enjoying his summer holidays, today he went to the secret bunker with his Dad, and came home telling me in the event of a nuclear attack the first thing I was to do, was to dive headfirst into a ditch, making sure my hands and face where protected, after much questioning from me, 'Are you sure its in the event of a nuclear attack and not something from the war days' and much 'Yes Mum, I'm sure' I then asked him where he learnt this, his reply 'it was on a government information film' . Well OMG, can you believe it, what are they wanting us to do, make it easy for them to bury us, that will be no help at all. He then then told me all about the bunker, apparently each government dept. has their own section, including social security, ha ha what a bloody laugh, who they gonna find jobs for, at least they won't have a problem with unemployment stats.
Not sure what he is upto tomorrow, he is spending some time with his dad at the moment, but I do know they have lots of days out planned, I might even manage to get on one if I can catch up with my work load, but then again, probably best if I don't, leave the boys to there own devices, plus I have had ben to myself for a whole fortnight, and it was heaven.
ok, I'm off to attack my watch with a cotton ball stick to see if that will remove my copper finish, take care of yourselves.
Joke of the day.
Dating Rejection form letter
Dear _______________,
I regret to inform you that you have been eliminated from further contention as Mr. Right. As you are probably aware, the competition was exceedingly tough and dozens of well-qualified candidates such as yourself also failed to make the final cut.
I will, however, keep your name on file should an opening come available.
So that you may find better success in your future romantic endeavors, please allow me to offer the following reason(s) you were disqualified from the competition:
(Check those that apply)
1. ___Your last name is objectionable. I can't imagine taking it, hyphenating it, or subjecting my children to it.
2. ___Your constant emailing, shows me you have TOO much time on your hands!
3. ___You're too short. Any son that we produced would inevitably be beaten up repeatedly at break.
4. ___You're too tall. I'm developing a chronic neck condition from trying to kiss you.
5. ___I find your inability to fix my car extraordinarily unappealing.
6. ___The fact that your apartment has been condemned reveals an inherent slovenliness that I fear is unbreakable.
7. ___The phrase "My Mother" has popped up far too often in conversation.
8. ___You still live with your parents.
9. ___Although I do enjoy the X-Files, I find your wardrobe of Star Trek uniforms a little disconcerting.
10. ___I am out of your league; set your sights lower next time.
Sincerely, _________________________________
Ha ha, I'm gonna keep this one and use it in the future, what a great way to break up with somebody.
Mwah to you all. xxx

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Roz this made me laugh out loud!
"what are they wanting us to do, make it easy for them to bury us" ha hahahahaha!! you nutter!

Sara-Jane said...

sorry to hear about ur incident with the alchol inks thought these things could only happen to me!!

sj xx

Maggie said...

Aw Roz that is the sort of thing I would do...I am such a klutz!
I love the look of your classes...hope you will post full piccies after the weekend.

Oh and you have been tagged :D

Maggie
x

Linda said...

Ditto Maggie's post on the classes. Hope you have a great time.