Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cupcakes and cards

Tonight me and Ben have had our first go at making cupcakes, 'What' I hear you all shout, Yep, we made them from scratch. One of my friends on one of the many forums I frequent gave me a brilliant receipe so today has been spent trawling round the supermarket picking up everything we needed. We spent a happy hour in the kitchen, weighing everything out and mixing it all up.

Unfortunately, we spread the mixture a bit to thin in the cases and our cupcakes where not as big as they should have been, and they all seem to have volcano tops, but we don't care, just meant the frosting slid off the tops, We where also to impatient to let the frosting set a bit and tried to create a landscape with angelica which promptly fell over.

We will have another bash tomorrow and let you know how they turn out, but here is what we have created so far.

See told you I was a photographer, see that lovely depth of field, Kirsty will be so proud of me.

On another note, have you all checked out the Design Collective yet, wow, that is one brilliant site, I love it, such a friendly bunch of people over there and lots of silly chat and pre challenges going on, it actually got me off my bottom to make a mother's day card for MIL for Sunday, I've also made her a little sewing book to keep her needles in, I'll show you a pic of that tomorrow night, but here is the card.

Joke of the day for you all now, cause I know thats the only reason you all stop by, hee hee.

A wee Glasgow woman and a baby were in the doctor's examining room,
waiting for the doctor to come in. The doctor arrived, examined the
baby, checked his weight, found it somewhat below normal, and asked if
the baby was breast fed or bottle fed. "Breast fed," she replied.Well,
strip down to your waist," the doctor ordered.
She did. He pressed, kneaded, rolled, cupped, and pinched both breasts
for a while in a detailed, rigorously thorough examination. Motioning
to her to get dressed he said, "No wonder this baby is under weight.
You don't have any milk."
"I know," she said, "ah'm his Granny, but I'm glad I came!"

11 comments:

Esther said...

Wow those cakes look amazing! fun isnt it! I lvoe the way the card wil tie in with the pressie!

Esther said...

Wow those cakes look amazing! fun isnt it! I lvoe the way the card wil tie in with the pressie!

Esther said...

Wow those cakes look amazing! fun isnt it! I lvoe the way the card wil tie in with the pressie!

Esther said...

Ooo so sorry, I thought the button wasnt working! you might wanna get rid of a few of those commnents!

Jak said...

Nice cupcakes, Ive seen a few people mention cupcakes, are they just fairy cakes with a new name or are they different?

Thats a serious question btw, LOL

Linda said...

Love your card, I must get my backside in gear! Loved the joke too x x x

Angela said...

Where is my cake?????

Anonymous said...

Nice card, Yummy cakes, and I am proud of you too ;)

Kirsty Wiseman said...

poo poo stinky plops - i want ...
A. one of those cakes
B. one of those cards
C. The one I'd get ;)

mwahahahahahahahha
love cyclops

Anonymous said...

Roz- I TOTALLY LOVE THESE! So adorable and springy!! Kudos to you! They turned out great!

xoxo
Morgan

Beth said...

I have a thing about DOF at the mo, can't get enuf of it, lol. Lovely pic Roz, and supa dupa cakes too, well done. Beth XX