Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun companions, silly words, chit chat talking......

.....that was how my weekend was spent.

I so needed the get away and thankfully I have the best friends in the world who are dotted about everywhere, so this weekend Ben and I, jumped in the car and headed for the MEEK's, that means Mark, Ellie, Eddie and Kirsty's in Wigan.

Took us 3 hours to get there, a bit of a personal best, hee hee, and once we had arrived and been dully shouted at off Kirsty for driving to fast we vegged out.

There are only a few places in the whole world where I can completely Veg out and thankfully Kirsty's house is one of them.

Now usually when we get together, its usually chat chat scrap eat chat scrap scrap eat chat, etc. This time though and I think its a first, we did not scrap and we did not take out our camera's once. We just did the chat chat, laugh, eat, chat, giggle, fart (whoops that was just Kirsty), eat, sleep, relax, chat, chat, giggle. And it was brilliant.

Think its probably the first time I've seen Kirsty completely relax, she is usually hitting a deadline for a design project, and although she did have her tax return to complete, she ignored it to indulge me in a chill fest.

She was a domestic goddess, cooking, baking, fussing and taking time out to just sit and catch up and talk stupid talk. I'm talking foot funghi to mango chutney, so pretty varied conversations.

Mark took Ben out Geocaching, and Ben really enjoyed it, hes located some in the local area to ourselves and has plans to drag his dad out this weekend to find some.

Anyway, I had a great weekend, and I have a few more weekends away planned with friends, I think you need to spoil yourself occassionally by surrounding yourself with friends.

I hope you had a good weekend.

Take care of yourselves. xxxx

No comments: