Thursday, July 24, 2008

Great Day out

Last Saturday saw me and Clare rise from our pit slightly later than expected, (see the video below for a full explaination)

Once dressed and ready, we set off for a cardiac arrest breakfast/brunch at the local cottage cafe.
I know I should not confess to this, but this is my idea of heaven on a plate. I don't have it often, but when I do, ummmmmmhhhhhhhh yum yum.
Once suitable re-fuelled and hangover dulling down, we set off for a day out at the Safari Park. Clare had celebrated her birthday the weekend before, and this was our first opportunity to mark the occassion.

We pulled up at the gates of Blair Drummond and asked for 2 big kid tickets please, yes, you can see where this is going.
Once inside the park, we thought we would get the fun stuff over with first, so monkey island here we come.
Along the way, we spotted a few animals, nothing of interest though, till we came across this rare breed.
Cute Boy......................
Clare insisted I take a pic as she rather fancied him.













Then is was off to Lemur Land, where I must point out, we did not spot one bloody lemur.
Pedal boats came next, after a long winded promise to not rock the boat, blah blah was made by me. hee hee, like I would ever do that to anybody.

OMG, where did that double chin come from, I'm gonna blame that on the camera angle, etc, etc. I would like to draw your attention at this point to our lovely fresh complexions, and the massive circle of spots of my nose, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, chocolate face masks are pointless.

The day continued along the same silly theme, we took in the sealion show, and then had a go on this............

Which resulted in lots of this.



Anybody got a Tena lady handy?????



Clare ended the day at the park by taking a snap of some eye candy I had spotted, if only I had a longer lense on my camera we might have actually been able to see him. Its the one in the baseball cap, he was very very very cute, picture does not do him any justice... Shame really.

When we got home, we cracked open some wine (well we needed to top up from the night before) and we settled down to watch 'A wonderful life', Yes I hear you all screaming, its a Christmas movie, but somebody at work had told Clare all about it, and she insisted on watching it. Actually its one of those movies that is ok anytime of the year.
Well after a weekend like that, you can understand why I'm only just blogging about it now, its taken all week to recover. I now have a misplaced hernia from laughing so hard and a standing order with Tena lady.
I'll come back at some point and fill you in on the rest of whats happening.
Till then I'll leave you with my Joke of the day:
An Amish woman and her daughter were riding in an old buggy one cold blustery day. The daughter said to her mother, "My hands are freezing cold." The mother replied, "Put them between your legs. Your body heat will warm them up."
The daughter did, and her hands warmed up.
The next day the daughter was riding with her boy friend who said, "My hands are freezing cold."
The girl replied, "Put them between my legs The warmth of my body will warm them up."He did, and warmed his hands.
The following day the boyfriend was again in the buggy with the daughter. He said, "My nose is cold." The girl replied "Put it between my legs. The warmth of my body will warm it up." He did, and warmed his nose.
The next day the boyfriend was again driving with the daughter, and he said, "My penis is frozen solid." . . . . . . . . . . . .
The following day the daughter was driving in the buggy with her mother again, and she says to her mother, "Have you ever heard of a penis?"
Slightly concerned the mother said, "Why, yes. Why do you ask?"
The daughter replies,
"They make one hell of a mess when they defrost, don't they?

5 comments:

Carole Bryson said...

Check out my blog for an award !!!

Anonymous said...

Came over from HysteriCAL who has received and passed along to you the Wylde Women award. I have greatly enjoyed your blog. I want to copy the whole thing and send it to several folks...I'm still laughing!

Anonymous said...

gave you a shout out at my blog this a.m. 7/31

Carole Bryson said...

*snorts*

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!

...... just read the joke of the day !!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Sara-Jane said...

great pics from agreat day out! we were there the saturday before (19th unfortunaltley my other half can be a boring fart and forgets to let his hair down once and again so most of my pics were off the animals lol (can be seen on my blog)

its great being big kids and certainly nowt wrong with it

xxxx