Friday, January 04, 2008

Let it Snow.......

Because I love it. Yes I do, I'm like a big kid, first thing I want to do is go walking in it, and step on all that Virgin whiteness and leave my footprint behind, there for somebody to see that I have been. I know that sounds quite deep, but I do actually mean it to, I really feel the need to let people know that I do exist and that I do leave an impression.

OK, it might be the wrong impression sometimes, but regardless of that, I want to leave an impression, so that people know I existed.
Anyway, back to the snow. I love nothing more than wrapping up all snug as a bug in a rug, with scarves, hats, gloves, boots and most importantly thick warm socks and going for a wander.
We had a rare day today, with nothing to do or anywhere to go, so we took advantage of it, and Ben and Me snuggled under the quilt for a long as possible, then up we go, had coco pops with warm milk and once suitably attired off we set.

We have heard of these standing stones which are quite local to us, not really sure if they are standing stones at all or head stones, as the locals in the area they are, refer to it as a pet cemetery (whoooooooo Stephen King). Anyway, we parked the car, jumped out all eager for our wander, when the sky went the most awful colour and down came the most watery impression of snow I've seen in a while. We carried on regardless, but after 5 minutes of trudging though this blizard of sorts, and having no feelings from the tip of noses to the tips of our toes, and after receiving the biggest hint of all from the dog who actually ran back to the car and sat waiting on us letting him in, we decided to turn around.

We have said we will try again tomorrow, so fingers crossed for more snow overnight.

I did manage to catch this picture of my three favourite trees on the way back. I keep promising myself that I will take pics of these trees throughout the year, but I never seem to manage it, so I'm off to a good start now, I have my winter shot, only another three seasons to remember.

I love how all three are bending to the wind.

Joke of the day comes from Rosemary and had me giggling, I hope it makes you laugh as well, thanks Rosemary.
Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music. The I-Tit will cost $499 or $599 depending on cup size.This has been hailed as a major breakthrough because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

Take care of yourselves xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on ny snow pic Love yors too a mysterious look to it!!!
You have a great 2008

Sara-Jane said...

great snowy pic!! ur not alone im such a big kid when it snows too that much ive begged my daddy to make a sledge lol

loving all ur layouts!!!!!!!!!! there great

sj xx